Installing a built Aluminum block, Lunati cams, 3.6 LC KB and more.

Quade

Old Man.
Established Member
Guys, I've been wanting to start this thread for some time now, but I have been really busy trying to finish this project up so I can get to the track. In a nut shell, I'm wanting 1000hp out of my car and here is a short list of the Items I'm using.

MMR 1500 built short block
Manley Billet rods
Manley billet pistons (ceramic and teflon coated)
Ford GT500 hardened crank
2011 GT500 AL block
ARP 2000 hardware

Kenny Bell Liquid Cooled 3.6L Mammoth Supercharger
80 LB injectors
Competition Boost-a-pump
Billet fuel rails
KB intake with dual 75mm throttle body

Lunati Voodoo Cams (custom Grind, I'll show spec sheet in thread)
Manley Spring kit
Manley Titanium Retainers

I will also be talking about my experiences with the three main vendors I used for the majority of the purchases: MMR, Evolution Performance and Mod Max.

I'm gonna start off with some pics and some explanation of each one. It will also take me a couple days to this edited properly, so bare with me.

EnginePics006.jpg

The block is finally here!

EnginePics003.jpg

.........and so is the blower

EnginePics021.jpg

This puts it into perspective

EnginePics069.jpg

Another perspective pic. The block on the right is a standard bore 302 and at left, the new 5.4. The 302 looks like a big block compared to the 5.4.

EnginePics137.jpg

Teaser pic. This is where I'm at as of today. Within the next week or so I will fill in the BIG blank between the pics and explain what/how I've done things during the whole build. Enjoy guys and I hope there will be something in here for everyone that has contemplated a project like this.

Quade

Old Man.
Established Member
Thanks a lot guys. I've got 162 pics of the build so far of everything from timing the motor to chamfering the tops of the valve springs and I want to put them all on here. Being an old man is not the best attribute to working a full time job and doing a project like this. LOL. I'll be throwing up more pics every night till about this time; when I pass out.......

shelby mark

Established Member
mark , also helped me out with a few ideas, MMR knows mod motors, the ford gt timing chains and tensioner( passenger side) really help control the radical cam timing. good luck Mark

bull3441

Established Member
i can't believe with all the $ you got into the build and you're running a BAP. the BAP won't get you to 1000hp, unless you're shooting for BHP. good luck with the build.

Van@RevanRacing

Constructive criticism.

I think you're not giving your fuel system enough attention. The 80 lb injectors are going to max out as you near 1000 rwhp. Your injector duty cycles are going to be near limit and your OEM fuel pump duty cycles are going to be maxing out as well, even with a Competition BAP which is what I run.

I believe you should consider some bigger injectors, possibly 105's and upgrading the fuel hat to a triple hat with some Walbro's or Ford GT pumps and an additional FPDM and BAP if you want to stay returnless.

Based on data logs from my vehicle with 80's and a Comp BAP at 910 RWHP you are going to be pushing the envelope and that was on a built motor with one of the first KB 3.6's at Bradenton in March 2010.

Good luck with the build but make sure to give that girl the fuel she needs. You've got far too much invested at this point to have fuel starvation. A motor like this really should have a return style fuel system and big injectors with a fuel pressure regulator. Oh damn, then you can run E-85 and the difference between C-16 and E-85 and a return style fuel system with big injectors will pay for itself over and over.

Just my 2 cents and I only offer it up because I see what you have into this and I know you want to do it right. :burnout:

Ironhand

Banned
Constructive criticism.

I think you're not giving your fuel system enough attention. The 80 lb injectors are going to max out as you near 1000 rwhp. Your injector duty cycles are going to be near limit and your OEM fuel pump duty cycles are going to be maxing out as well, even with a Competition BAP which is what I run.

I believe you should consider some bigger injectors, possibly 105's and upgrading the fuel hat to a triple hat with some Walbro's or Ford GT pumps and an additional FPDM and BAP if you want to stay returnless.

Based on data logs from my vehicle with 80's and a Comp BAP at 910 RWHP you are going to be pushing the envelope and that was on a built motor with one of the first KB 3.6's at Bradenton in March 2010.

Good luck with the build but make sure to give that girl the fuel she needs. You've got far too much invested at this point to have fuel starvation. A motor like this really should have a return style fuel system and big injectors with a fuel pressure regulator. Oh damn, then you can run E-85 and the difference between C-16 and E-85 and a return style fuel system with big injectors will pay for itself over and over.

Just my 2 cents and I only offer it up because I see what you have into this and I know you want to do it right. :burnout:

Im with you on this one Van.

I have a Tripple Walbro Return setup with -10 feed and 105s on my car and Im worried about fuel problems as well.

BTW, yes I have 5.4 with 3.4 Crusher Whipple in my 03 Cobra.

All that money into the motor and to put a lousy BAP and 80s is like screwing a prostitute without a condom.

You know its not a good idea!!

Quade

Old Man.
Established Member
Constructive criticism.

Thanks Van, I do have larger, more pumps that will be going into place with the build. Even with the extra pumps and lines I was fairly confident that I wouldn't see a 1,000 hp pull on 93, or race gas for that matter. And yes sir, my end plan is to go with an E85 set-up to actually get me over that hump. I wanna get as far as I can go with a 93, and 110, tune and also give myself some time for E85 to become a little more readily available in this area. I will try to post a little more detail as I go and the constructive criticism is always appreciated.

Quade

Old Man.
Established Member
Im with you on this one Van.

I have a Tripple Walbro Return setup with -10 feed and 105s on my car and Im worried about fuel problems as well.

BTW, yes I have 5.4 with 3.4 Crusher Whipple in my 03 Cobra.

All that money into the motor and to put a lousy BAP and 80s is like screwing a prostitute without a condom.

You know its not a good idea!!

Thanks, but, like I said in my original post, please bare with me and I'll get all the facts to you guys. All that is mentioned above is just the major items of the build that I am using to reach my goal. Assuming this is the entire list of the build, especially after the posts that I've made says that there is a lot more, is like paying for a whore and then pleasuring yourself before she even gets in the room, you've spouted off with a brainless head before it's time. No sence in bandwagoning before you know the whole story. Unless that is just what you like to do, then, by all means, use this thread.

BTW, I did stay at a Holiday Inn express last night.

Users who are viewing this thread