Installing ATS Brembos on the Cobra.

Mustang5L5

Established Member
What is everyone running for a spare tire?
I've seen a few that run the drag skinny for a spare.
I'm wondering if I can go to the boneyard and grab a spare out of a newer Ford. Lots of newer cars run big brakes these days.

See post #884 for me.

1708107964166.png

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member

Mustang5L5

Established Member
S550 spare doesn’t even clear the s550 Brembo equipped cars. Which is why I went the way I did.

It’s also a larger diameter tire so it won’t fit nicely in the Fox/SN95 spare tire hole.

Taurus uses a 28” OD tire as well, so that spare is too big for the well. A lot of cars these days just have big ass wheels.

I thought of just buying a 1.5” bolt on spacer and just using that with the standard 17” cobra spare, but I never could get my hands on a cheap single bolt-on spacer to test this out on.
IMG_7941.jpeg

Last edited:

03HP

Established Member
I have different front brakes but I just use the 07+ GT500 tire inflator kit. It fits perfectly in the spare tire well and even has SVT badging on it! Got mine OEM from Ford years ago.

Mustang5L5

Established Member
Says it will clear GT350 brakes, and those are huge.

Problem is the spare tire is sized to match the oe tire diameter, and for the S550 that’s 27” give or take.

Fox/SN95 use a 25.7” OD tire, so the tire well is pretty tight.

The 145/70/18 I’m using on mine is 26” and it barely fits in the spare well. I had to put some weight on it to push it down.

Mustang5L5

Established Member
Contact that company and see if they will sell you just that rim without the tire. Then get the appropriate spare size.

Seems like they are a smaller company so maybe they will accomodate

Users who are viewing this thread