Intercooler Fluid what to use?

slowbra99

Established Member
I am planning on changing the intercooler fluid and also at the same time without going alky or meth to get cooler boost temps. Is water wetter the way to go?

Van@RevanRacing

I am planning on changing the intercooler fluid and also at the same time without going alky or meth to get cooler boost temps. Is water wetter the way to go?

I've seen scale build up with water wetter. I've had good success with Amsoil Dominator Coolant Booster and water.

Van

breoland

Established Member
shouldnt you use distilled water when mixing with antifreeze. I was under the impression that distilled water didnt have the minerals that scale up the fins inside

GO_N_H.A.M

Established Member
I was told regular water has all this crap that will jack something up. But the way he worded it, just want to verify.... Distilled water and amsoil additive correct?

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
+1 Heard nothing but good things about the Amsoil Dominator

I have 4 new bottles waiting to go in. Every year, I flush all the antifreeze from the radiator and intercooler system, then refill with straight water and Amsoil Dominator. Not even 100*F Florida heat can heat soak my car. :thumbsup:

Bigmike0405

8)
Established Member
I have a White and Blue stripped car and wanted to spice up the engine bay with some blue coolant to match my valve covers.

Anyone have any experience with Be Cool? Or Engine Ice?

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
I just changed my mixture to ~90/10 water/antifreeze last week. Took the car out to flog a bit and checked the fluid temp when I got home. I didn't use a thermometer, but my Killer Chiller had the reservoir much cooler than ambient. I can't get a real reading yet because I don't have a thermometer that registers that low.

lkempf

Established Member
amsoil coolant booster with distilled water

Can you use amsoil coolant booster with distilled water? If not why, what does it effect? The reason i ask is that when i use tap water it causes my Moroso tank cap to rust.

Users who are viewing this thread