intercooler pump no worky????

SilvieBolt

The whore that’s blue
Established Member
Well I was driving to work one day and I looked down at my charge temp according to my interceptor guage and its at 190* in 25* weather hhhhmmmmm. I havent touched boost at all either. So I try to jump my pump by pulling the relay and putting my jumper wire in it and no worky. great brand new mezeire pump took a shit. so I call up mezeiere they tell me to ship the "broken" one and they will send me new one. K cool I finally got a new one. put it in still no worky. So I checked all my plugs and connections, no corrosion whats so ever. I check the maxi fuse #106 which is the intercooler fuse, No broken/burnt fuse. But when I jump the intercooler relay i hear a clicking noise. What could it be??? I mean I could drive the truck to work or where ever but after it gets hot it starts pulling timing so bad that it just runs like poop if I give it gas but runs fine when just cruising. I mean im not out there to race people now but I like to drive my truck 100% in working condition. Any insight or a clue in what else to look for?? IM going to Disco's shop (my tuner) to put it on the lift tomorow and to get a better look at the wires to the intercooler pump and to check if the pump is actually getting power via multimeter. any help would be great.... thanks.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Can you see water circulating in the tank at all? If so, your intercooler may be really clogged with oil residue.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
Can you see water circulating in the tank at all? If so, your intercooler may be really clogged with oil residue.

The external oil buildup should'nt affect internal coolant flow.

OP are you getting power to the pump? If so you may have another bad pump or a blockage.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
The external oil buildup should'nt affect internal coolant flow.

OP are you getting power to the pump? If so you may have another bad pump or a blockage.

It will cause higher IAT2s. I didn't see whether he said that he knew for sure that the coolant wasn't flowing at all.

Users who are viewing this thread