Intercooler Pump

cichlidbob

Established Member
It seems that my intercooler pump is no lnger working. I was curious if there is an aftermarket unit that people are running on their car? If there is an aftermarket unit what is the advantage over the OEM unit.

Thanks
Bob

MidnightRambler

Established Member
I used this one when my stock one went out: http://www.lightningforceperformance.com/cooling-c-234_129.html

It's a great pump and a lot cheaper than buying a replacement from Ford. I'm not aware of any pumps offering a cooling or performance advantage. In fact, if the coolant is pumped too fast it won't remove heat as efficiently. I'd stick with the one I have linked from LFP above. I've used it for 18 months with no problems whatsoever...;-)

You have some options to consider.

1. OEM replacement goes for about $80 - $85 from www.BuyFordRacing.com
2. Ford GT pump is about $360 from Steve@Tousley Ford. 7gpm flow on this (stocker is 3gpm flow). I haven't seen anyone on here or ModularFords post about having used this one. Modification to make this work is required.
3. Meziere has an electric one that you can get from SummitRacing.com that has a 21gpm flow.

Sometimes too much flow is simply not a good thing. I can't see upgrading the stocker if its just a street or track car.

Last edited:

MidnightRambler

Established Member
I think the pump you linked at BuyFordRacing.com is basically the same Bosch pump as I linked to at LFP, but about $50 cheaper! Good find! That's definitely the one I'd go for...

cichlidbob

Established Member
A stcok replacement should do the trick. I am lucky if I put 3k a year on my Mustang. My guess is mine siezed since it had not been driven in 5 months. Appreciate all of the help.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I would definitely recommend a stock replacement part. Cheaper and no mods required.

ViciousJay

Established Member
I just bought one from Steve@Tousley Ford, gave me a good price... also when you change that out i would swap the replay out as well

Users who are viewing this thread