Intercooler tank in the trunk

Shelbyfied

Established Member
Hey guys, I have a 2012 gt500. I'm looking to upgrade my cooling system as my IAT'S are pretty high in the summer. I'm going to upgrade the intercooler for sure. I've also already upgraded to a dual pass dual fan heat exchanger. I'm wondering if it's worth the money to put a 7 gallon tank and pump in the rear or is this an overkill? I don't track much and it's mainly driven just on weekends.

Sent from my SM-N950U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Black Cobra '99

Established Member
Nothing is overkill when it comes to battling heatsoak. I can't speak for results but this mod is on my to do list.

sleek98

Established Member
I have the 1” intercooler mod, 1” lines, vmp heat exchanger, emp pump and 2-3 gallon tank in the trunk. If your going to do the rear tank might as well go all out.

Just the tank will help a little. I don’t even add ice and see iats drop to 10-15* over ambient post blower at the end of a pull.

To replace the intercooler you have to pull the lower intake manifold, so I had it ported as well while it was apart.

If the department of boost manifold was out when I did it, I likely would have went with it.

Users who are viewing this thread