Interest on a GB for Gord's Heat Exchanger

RI-SVT

TVS Powered
Established Member
With the holidays here and many vendors giving discounts on parts now and next month, I though I'll post this thread prior to reaching out to Gordon the owner of GordsFord Performance Engineering on setting up a Group buy price and the # of units that will need to be ordered that possibly may work for him to make this work. We can get other brands from other vendors from $325-$360 shipped after applied coupons, many members rave over the Gord's H/E, many threads on it.

Some further information on size comparisons and option pricing follow:

Our HE units are still the best on the market. Our heat exchanger units are the largest, best appearance and best performing of those available for the 03/04 Cobra's. Our core frontal area and core volume is 17% larger than the AFCO Pro, 24% larger than the LFP and over 30% larger than the Fluidyne. Also the AFCO, LFP and Fluidyne units top and bottom caps cover the adjacent cooling fins and thus the top and bottom (4 tubes out of 24 in the AFCO and LFP) run hot. We have 28 tubes and our top and bottom tubes are not 1/2 shrouded like the competitors. Our end tanks are also larger which adds coolant volume and also helps to distribute and even the flow through all of the tubes.

The heat exchanger mounts into the stock 03/04 Cobra factory mounts with the supplied spacers and retains the stock lower protection bar also. There is no cutting or drilling into the car required. All hardware supplied with the kit is stainless steel. The HE also retains sufficient space to enable the installation of brake cooling ducts from the front bumper cover openings.

1.RI-SVT

Attachments

• DSC00200 NF on Black Cobra.jpg
    DSC00200 NF on Black Cobra.jpg
    911.1 KB · Views: 590
  • DSGCOBRA2crop.jpg
    DSGCOBRA2crop.jpg
    160.6 KB · Views: 550

RI-SVT

TVS Powered
Established Member
Last edited:

RI-SVT

TVS Powered
Established Member
Will update the list soon, email was sent to Gordon, will be waiting on response, I'm hoping he will post here as well.

VinnyGT

Established Member
Also, I was about to have my current Gords HE modified to have 1" barbed fittings that came with my Justin Wheeler Interccooller mod. Ask if he could make mine with bigger inlet and outlets. And, if so I'd there an extra cost.

TP03

Established Member
I'm interested... Looking to get one in the spring but if the price is right, I'll let her snap. Gords HE was my first choice anyway.

RI-SVT

TVS Powered
Established Member
Ok guys I got details, all of the members that showed interest PM me your email to forward you the information, thanks

Users who are viewing this thread