Interested in Joining the Madness; Maybe

trafficman337

Established Member
I am flirting with the idea of taking the plunge on a 2020 GT500. I have owned three GT500's and a GT350. I have been partial to the manual transmission and convertible, but I made the mistake of seeing one this past weekend, so I am intrigued. I am looking for an Iconic Silver, with Electronics Package and Performance Package. I would prefer a black roof and black stripes as well. I have a dealer that will order me a 2021 for 2000.00 over. I guess I have been out of the game too long. Can I get one of these cars for sticker? Or is the 2000.00 over a good deal? Either way, I am on the fence. Any input, advice or suggestions would be awesome. I have a 2013 Vert with 9k on it that is mint and loaded that I would have to part with. I am not sure if this would be the right move, still on the fence. Looking for some input. Thanks!

03Cobra05GT

Established Member
I can tell you as far as compared to previous gens, there is little to no comparison. I too thought I would miss the manual since all my Mustangs have been manual since I could drive lol. But the DCT in this car sets it apart, and using the paddle shifters and the instant reaction is so damn satisfying lol. You can in and out of any gear you want as quick as you can think about it.

You CAN get them for MSRP, but it does take a decent amount of effort to find a dealer willing to do that. All things considered, $2k over isn't bad IMO, that's actually the cost of the fee the dealerships pay to enroll in the Shelby program which is what gets them an allotment. So sounds like they are just trying to get you to pay for that. Again, if you don't want to pay it, stick it out and eventually you can find an MSRP, plenty of us did on here, but if $2k isn't an issue for you, then it sounds like you have a guaranteed slot and the chance to order it exactly as you want it.

You will not be disappointed.

trafficman337

Established Member
Thanks so much for the input. Much appreciated. The 2K is more of a principle thing, although I can think of other things I can do with the money. I am so conflicted. I didn't have my GT350 that long as I missed the convertible, but I am very interested in all the new technology that comes along with this car. I like how you said, this one will have little to no comparison. You have intrigued me even further. Just having some pre-separation anxiety! Thanks again! Mark.

03Cobra05GT

Established Member
Thanks so much for the input. Much appreciated. The 2K is more of a principle thing, although I can think of other things I can do with the money. I am so conflicted. I didn't have my GT350 that long as I missed the convertible, but I am very interested in all the new technology that comes along with this car. I like how you said, this one will have little to no comparison. You have intrigued me even further. Just having some pre-separation anxiety! Thanks again! Mark.

So I had to re-read your reply a couple of times, because I got to the end when you said Thanks again Mark, and was like, woah, how tf do you know my name lmao. Then I realized, that must be your name. I have to say, what a great name you have lol.

But yes, the car is awesome. If you lived closer, I'd offer to show you in person and go for a joy ride.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I can tell you as far as compared to previous gens, there is little to no comparison. I too thought I would miss the manual since all my Mustangs have been manual since I could drive lol. But the DCT in this car sets it apart, and using the paddle shifters and the instant reaction is so damn satisfying lol. You can in and out of any gear you want as quick as you can think about it.

You CAN get them for MSRP, but it does take a decent amount of effort to find a dealer willing to do that. All things considered, $2k over isn't bad IMO, that's actually the cost of the fee the dealerships pay to enroll in the Shelby program which is what gets them an allotment. So sounds like they are just trying to get you to pay for that. Again, if you don't want to pay it, stick it out and eventually you can find an MSRP, plenty of us did on here, but if $2k isn't an issue for you, then it sounds like you have a guaranteed slot and the chance to order it exactly as you want it.

You will not be disappointed.
Well said!!! I'll just leave it at that.
upload_2021-2-3_11-52-21.png

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
I am flirting with the idea of taking the plunge on a 2020 GT500. I have owned three GT500's and a GT350. I have been partial to the manual transmission and convertible, but I made the mistake of seeing one this past weekend, so I am intrigued. I am looking for an Iconic Silver, with Electronics Package and Performance Package. I would prefer a black roof and black stripes as well. I have a dealer that will order me a 2021 for 2000.00 over. I guess I have been out of the game too long. Can I get one of these cars for sticker? Or is the 2000.00 over a good deal? Either way, I am on the fence. Any input, advice or suggestions would be awesome. I have a 2013 Vert with 9k on it that is mint and loaded that I would have to part with. I am not sure if this would be the right move, still on the fence. Looking for some input. Thanks!

Based on the platform and the cost of said platform, is $2000.00 to get what you want, really that big of a deal? Seriously?

dcgtconv

Established Member
agreed, decide if you want this car or not, make your best deal and pull the trigger, easy peasy, not sure why so many people struggle with a couple grand in the big picture of what this car costs and is. If you don’t want to pay the 2k don’t and move on.

Based on the platform and the cost of said platform, is $2000.00 to get what you want, really that big of a deal? Seriously?

07 Black Beauty

Established Member
I've also had a couple of 13/14 500's and a 350R, I was afraid of missing the manual but the DCT is very impressive. As said above there's really no comparison between this gt500 and prior years

trafficman337

Established Member
Are you gonna list or trade the vert in? Not sure yet?
I have mine on Ebay. I am curious what it will bring. I have a number in mind and was offered a number for it and even with the tax break, I am thinking I can do better. I am entertaining offers though. Car is mint, with less than 9700 miles on it, there is not a mark, scratch, ding or pit on the car. Interior is spotless and the car runs awesome. Take a look at it on Ebay.

Users who are viewing this thread