Interior update (iPhone hookup, console swap)

out99sider

Established Member
Here is a update of multiple projects I have been getting done. Finally did a complete interior overall consisting of Evo Recaros, matched backseats with same material, and an older Alpine deck. I did the older Alpine deck for the sake of having a deck that matched the interior glow. This specific head unit has a spectrum of 500+ colors to chose from vs the newer units that only emit blue. The cord I have going through the center console ash trey is just an aux hookup but its great because I can talk straight through the stereo if I get a phone call and still control all functions straight through the phone. Lastly, I added a custom interior antenna with exterior antenna delete for a cleaner look. So far, the antenna hasn't impressed me so much but I'm assuming I didn't get the install down (static). Without further ado, the pics. Any criticism is welcome.

img1382g.jpg

img1383l.jpg

img1384z.jpg

img1385as.jpg

img1387p.jpg

img1391hz.jpg

img1394e.jpg

img1396sv.jpg

out99sider

Established Member
appreciate all the comments you all. i definitely get the most critique on the door cups. my rationalization is i like the sparingly red contrast on the black interior to tie in with the gauge needles and valentine 1 light. also, i think its kinda cool to have the door cups and calipers both 10th anniversary just like i prefer silver wheels against the mystic paint for that contrast vs chrome, i think the mystic might get washed on in the sea of black in the interior. although, now you have me thinking!

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
what antenna did you use? I feel like they all have static issues, maybe the best way is to use one out of a newer mustang and mount the antenna on the trunk or roof.

out99sider

Established Member
what antenna did you use? I feel like they all have static issues, maybe the best way is to use one out of a newer mustang and mount the antenna on the trunk or roof.

The antenna I'm using is a Crutchfield universal unit. It would really bug me if I drove the car alot and install that Aux connection for my iphone. Maybe I will try to clear up the staticy stuff when I have some time on my hands. Problem is, my tinted windshield probably has something to do with the issue.

Trip

Seasoned Snake Charmer
Established Member
very nice, but need good pics of the seats...........love the silver vs chrome for the wheels........and I have an older Eclipse head unit and would love to have an aux input for my phone(did the Alpine have one or did you have to improvise an input?),,,,,and go mystic on the cups....subtle but custom

out99sider

Established Member
very nice, but need good pics of the seats...........love the silver vs chrome for the wheels........and I have an older Eclipse head unit and would love to have an aux input for my phone(did the Alpine have one or did you have to improvise an input?),,,,,and go mystic on the cups....subtle but custom

Here is a link to the thread for the seat swap: http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...o-evo-leather-seats-installed-w-backseat.html

I purchased an Aux input that would normally be for a CD changed but was a 2in1 plug for headphone jack/power supply for iphone. Problem is, the jack only seems to charge older iphones vs. new.

JP_Stang

Established Member
I like what we could see. I would love to see some pictures of the seats also. I also have to agree with everyone on the red door cups. You know, I was never a big fan of the 2K Cobra R's but with them in silver on that Mystic.....Man that looks good!!

Also, I know the paint is rediculously high, but how sweet would it be to shave where the antenna used to be?! I think that would look bad a$$!

out99sider

Established Member
I like what we could see. I would love to see some pictures of the seats also. I also have to agree with everyone on the red door cups. You know, I was never a big fan of the 2K Cobra R's but with them in silver on that Mystic.....Man that looks good!!

Also, I know the paint is rediculously high, but how sweet would it be to shave where the antenna used to be?! I think that would look bad a$$!

the pictures of the seats are in the link directly above your post, check em out. Thanks for the compliment on the wheels- they are actually 18" Steeda Ultralights, which I think are rebranded SSR's. As for the antenna, call me crazy but I actually like that piece because it is identical to what they use for the Cobra R and I like to have crazy little parts like that. Thanks for all the words.

Users who are viewing this thread