***Intimidators Mecca Tune HID Group Purchase***

Intimidator

El Spanko!
Established Member
Originally posted by 98kobra
Oh, and no warantee for your electrical system once these are installed... but you all know that :)

By the way, you can easily go back to the stock headlight setup in case you need to take the car in for warrantee work. Simple plug and play remember.

So there goes that theory, not that it even matters since getting your headlights replaced is the least of most of these guys worries (KB, Pulley, Nitrous, Apten, etc, etc..).

Friendchicken

Originally posted by 99cobraclone
are the hids going to cover the same distance the stock bulbs do?

This is my whole point.

Show me a pic inside your car with the stock illumination and then with the conversion on a blackout night. That is the real test.

You can put up pictures of other cars and their pretty lights all you like, but if they don't improve visibility range, then they are rice.

Intimidator

El Spanko!
Established Member
99cobraclone: Yes, a lot more light.

This is my whole point.

Show me a pic inside your car with the stock illumination and then with the conversion on a blackout night. That is the real test.

You can put up pictures of other cars and their pretty lights all you like, but if they don't improve visibility range, then they are rice.

Okay, I won't bother getting the pics then since you already have your mind made up.

Just think about it this way: The weakest HID kit you can get in this GP is 12000K. A 12000K HID light will produce a light output of roughly 2200 lumens. Do you know how much a standard halogen bulb puts out? About 700 lumens for the best. With my incredible mathematical skills I was able to deduct the the weakest HID will produce more than 3 times as much light output as a standard halogen bulb.

It's like comparing a match to a LASER. But since to you they both produce the same light output....

By the way, just for fun, would you happen to know how much output a 6500K HID bulb puts out? About 3000 lumens. Wanna go lower? You're gonna need the sun in front of your car to match the output.

Last edited:

Friendchicken

What gives with the attitude? Pardon me for not wanting proof you can see farther. A brighter light is no good if it's diffused over the same distance.

:read:

Intimidator

El Spanko!
Established Member
Originally posted by 99cobraclone
are the hids going to cover the same distance the stock bulbs do?

537128_34_full.jpg

Look at the clarity. If 98 Kobra thinks that a standard halogen, or even an aftermarket one, comes close to the crisp light output of HIDs he needs a better prescription for his glasses.

If you want me to get you some comparison pics let me know.

Intimidator

El Spanko!
Established Member
What gives with the attitude? Pardon me for not wanting proof you can see farther. A brighter light is no good if it's diffused over the same distance.

:read:

There's no attitude in that post. I do see some facts with a hint of sarcasm thrown in.

Friendchicken

Originally posted by Intimidator

Look at the clarity. If 98 Kobra thinks that a standard halogen, or even an aftermarket one, comes close to the crisp light output of HIDs he needs a better prescription for his glasses.

If you want me to get you some comparison pics let me know.

You don't listen.. where have I said that is a standard halogen? Damn, you put up a GP on a product and when someone wants validation that it will do what is marketed, you go condescending?

I will say it one more time.

Ya, it's blue and it's bright... but have you improved visibility distance? And like I asked before, let's see an 03 cobra on a dark-ass night with no streetlamps with and without the conversion. Those pics do nothing to prove they work.

Friendchicken

There's no attitude in that post. I do see some facts with a hint of sarcasm thrown in.

sarcasm=attitude

and your facts do nothing to support your answer to my question

Intimidator

El Spanko!
Established Member
You don't listen.. where have I said that is a standard halogen? Damn, you put up a GP on a product and when someone wants validation that it will do what is marketed, you go condescending?

I will say it one more time.

Ya, it's blue and it's bright... but have you improved visibility distance? And like I asked before, let's see an 03 cobra on a dark-ass night with no streetlamps with and without the conversion. Those pics do nothing to prove they work.

Stock illumination = Standard Halogen

I did provide validation. Regardless, it will not matter what I post because you will still not accept it since you have already made up your mind. If you cannot understand that 2200 is greater than 700 I certainly can't help you. I'll go and get you a pic of a comparison (it wont be a Cobra), even though it won't make a difference. With that said, unless you have a legitimate question that I have not "proved" already, you can expect no answer from me.

sarcasm=attitude

and your facts do nothing to support your answer to my question

Right. Read above.

gchronis

Get used to avatar
Established Member
Ok, hold on a sec. I think that Intimidator says it will be brighter. Obviously, it is brighter. The pictures prove it and so do the numbers. Then 98Kobra says it will be brighter but will you be able to see further? I think that 98Kobra says brighter does not necessarily mean further. So, if you have a standing man at a certain distance right outside the visibility field of the stock light, will this man be within the visibility field of the HID? Obviously, if the man is within the visibility field of both systems, he will be better illuminated by the HID. But is the length of the two visibility fields the same or not? I think that's what 98Kobra's question is and correct me if I'm wrong. I think there's a misunderstanding and I'm just trying to clarify it for everyone. I hope I didn't make it more complicated.

Intimidator

El Spanko!
Established Member
Comparison pictures:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=2471520080&category=36476

Scroll down about 1/4 of the way and you will see a side by side comparison picture (on a dark-ass night with no streetlamps to boot). In which one can you see more?

Here's another picture:
hid_b.jpg

The car is photoshopped in but the light is not.

And gchronis, there is no misunderstanding. I know exactly what 98kobra is saying. A person standing at a distance of 100 meters from a car equipped with HIDs will be four (4) times more visible than if the car had halogens.

gchronis

Get used to avatar
Established Member
Ok, that picture clarifies it. Thanks Intimidator. Well, being 4 times more visible is one thing, that is good and I don't think 98kobra objected to it. However, from the last picture it is also obvious that a person standing in the curve would not be visible by the stock system at all. However, he will be visible by the HID system, therefore the HID system has a longer range and this should answer 98kobra's question. Thanks for going through all the trouble of setting the GP up and digging the pictures out. Now, I need to spend more money. Just when I thought I was about done with mods for a while.

Intimidator

El Spanko!
Established Member
Originally posted by gchronis
Ok, that picture clarifies it. Thanks Intimidator. Well, being 4 times more visible is one thing, that is good and I don't think 98kobra objected to it. However, from the last picture it is also obvious that a person standing in the curve would not be visible by the stock system at all. However, he will be visible by the HID system, therefore the HID system has a longer range and this should answer 98kobra's question. Thanks for going through all the trouble of setting the GP up and digging the pictures out. Now, I need to spend more money. Just when I thought I was about done with mods for a while.

Great, so I'm done with that discussion. Sorry I'm making you spend more money. Haha

On a side note, my site seems to have taken a dump. It's got nothing to do with the GP (I've got a couple of pictures hosted of the HID kit and what not) but hopefully it'll be back up in a couple of hours.

99cobraclone

Established Member
Originally posted by gchronis
Ok, hold on a sec. I think that Intimidator says it will be brighter. Obviously, it is brighter. The pictures prove it and so do the numbers. Then 98Kobra says it will be brighter but will you be able to see further? I think that 98Kobra says brighter does not necessarily mean further. So, if you have a standing man at a certain distance right outside the visibility field of the stock light, will this man be within the visibility field of the HID? Obviously, if the man is within the visibility field of both systems, he will be better illuminated by the HID. But is the length of the two visibility fields the same or not? I think that's what 98Kobra's question is and correct me if I'm wrong. I think there's a misunderstanding and I'm just trying to clarify it for everyone. I hope I didn't make it more complicated.

Excellent post Chris, you asked exactly what I wanted to know. Looks like I'm about to buy them. This is three mods now that I will have before I even have my cobra!!!!!

Lthl Venom 03

give me more boost!
Established Member
My mom just bought a G35 and it has HID's... i fell in love with them and i was lookin for info on here about HID's and i happened to stumble on the group buy. :D the difference between my cobra and the G35 is night/day. I dont really care if i can't see farther or not its just the clarity that HIDs give yout hat make them worth the money, its like daylight. i dont know what the intensity of the G35's HID's is though, does anyone know?

Friendchicken

And gchronis, there is no misunderstanding. I know exactly what 98kobra is saying. A person standing at a distance of 100 meters from a car equipped with HIDs will be four (4) times more visible than if the car had halogens.

WRONG... gchronis has it exactly. You keep saying my mind is made up... you have ESP? All I was asking for was that pic you posted last... was that so hard?

Users who are viewing this thread