Introducing the SVTPerformance 2012 Mustang GT

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Introducing the SVTPerformance 2012 Mustang GT

2012gt-29-edit.jpg

This has been a long time coming. For years we have been planning on getting a feature car for SVTP. Well the wait is finally over. A few days ago we picked up our new project car, a Yellow Blaze 2012 Mustang GT. It's a base model GT with 3.73s, Brembos, the reverse sensing system and security package, and that’s about it. This is not a very heavily optioned car, and we bought it this way for a reason. The way we look at, the fewer options the car has the more areas we’ll have to improve.

Speaking of improvements, that brings us to the purpose of the GT. It will be a test bed for tons of parts from vendors located all over the country. Our goal is to provide factual and unbiased information about as many aftermarket products as we can to the SVTP community. We intend for our reporting to be no-holds-barred, and the best quality available. We already have intakes, tunes, suspension mods, and possibly a couple of blowers lined up and ready to be installed and tested. We basically bought this car to provide the SVTP community with accurate, unbiased, and expansive information about the parts they may consider installing on their cars.

What will set this series of articles apart from most others you have seen is that this car will not be a static “build” or “project car.” This will be an ever evolving project. The combination will always be changing. We will revisit prior installed and removed parts to study how they interact with our newest mods. Parts will be going on and coming off of this car at record pace. We want to install full suspension systems, mix and match components, try different combinations, and then do it all over again in a different way. We believe this will be a truly exciting and deeply informative series for anyone interested in the new 5.0 powered Mustang GT.

Below are some photos of the car. If there is a particular part or combination of parts you’d like to see installed, tested, and reviewed feel free to post it up.

Here she is as she sat on the showroom floor.

2012gt-02-edit.jpg

We had to dealership refrain from performing an pre-delivery cleaning or prep. We wanted to peel the plastic ourselves (a little habit I picked up when I bought my 04 Lightning).

2012gt-03-edit.jpg

2012gt-04-edit.jpg

She only had 8.8 miles on her when delivered. I find that strangely fitting.

2012gt-05-edit.jpg

The glorious 5.0 Liter power plant.

2012gt-06-edit.jpg

Probably as clean as it will ever will be underneth. I find it disappointing that Ford still doesn't paint or coat the axles on these cars.

2012gt-07-edit.jpg

Anyone want to do an over/under on how long these mufflers will be on the car?

2012gt-08-edit.jpg

Let's hope these mileage estimates are true.

2012gt-09-edit.jpg

I love the shape of this hood.

2012gt-10-edit.jpg

Still has her shipping plastic intact.

2012gt-11-edit.jpg

Brembo equipped:coolman:

2012gt-12-edit.jpg

SVTP keychain, the only way to travel.:beer:

2012gt-13-edit.jpg

Cross Roads Ford in Cary, NC. Great dealership if you're ever in need of one.

2012gt-14-edit.jpg

Time to go home.

2012gt-15-edit.jpg

The Yellow Blaze paint is a three stage paint, and the color really changes a lot depending on the lighting conditions.

2012gt-16-edit.jpg

One of my biggest complaints about the base Mustang GT is the rubber steering wheel. In my opinion all GT's should come with a leather wrapped wheel. Rest assured that this one will be replaced with a superior unit in short order.

2012gt-17-edit.jpg

When I said I wanted the dealer not to prep the car I meant it.

2012gt-18-edit.jpg

If you look closely you may be able to see that this label has the date of manufacture on it, 2/22/11.

2012gt-19-edit.jpg

Probably just going to ignore this text.

2012gt-20-edit.jpg

These pics were taken after its first bath. Notice how much the color varies with the light. While it's no Mystichrome, it does change quite a bit.

2012gt-21-edit.jpg

2012gt-22-edit.jpg

2012gt-23-edit.jpg

2012gt-24-edit.jpg

2012gt-25-edit.jpg

2012gt-26-edit.jpg

2012gt-27-edit.jpg

2012gt-28-edit.jpg

2012gt-29-edit.jpg

2012gt-30-edit.jpg

This is one of my favorite pics.

2012gt-31-edit.jpg

2012gt-32-edit.jpg

2012gt-33-edit.jpg

2012gt-34-edit.jpg

2012gt-35-edit.jpg

2012gt-36-edit.jpg

2012gt-37-edit.jpg

-Cheers:beer:

Graves

Established Member
Sweet car and incredible color. Can't wait to see the threads about what you throw at it.

Bad99SVT

Insane SVT Poster
Established Member
I am so tempted to sell my 99 cobra and go buy a 2011 gt so bad!!! Awsome car! Cant wait to see the upgrades get put on it!!:rockon:

5spd07gt

BaggedCobra
Established Member
Very very nice car, look forward to following its progress. I guess I'm the odd ball though, would be my last color choice :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread