iphone, extra gb's worth the cost?

BadMoFo

Get Some!
Established Member
well thinking about finally getting a new phone (have not gotten one in about 4 years) and was tossing around the idea of getting an iphone or maybe blackberry torch. I am currently with at&t (only company that gets decent service in my area and have been with them for 10+ years)

anyways I see that they are now offering the 8gb iphone 3gs for $49. amazing price considering what they use to cost. but then they have the 16 gb and the 32 gb for $199 and $299. was wondering if the upgrade is worth the extra coin? also I see they also have the iphone 4. as I dont follow the tech much what would be a good choice?

and what plan would be good? they have 200 mb of data for $15 and then 2gb for $25. again not very tech savy so have no clue which would be better or how much web surfing that is?

thanks for the insight.:beer:

p.s. if anyone has any insight about the bb torch throw that in too.

delvin.a

Established Member
If you can hold off till the summer iPhone 5 is supposed to drop around that time. Unbreakable/unscratchable glass case, 4g and some other now stuff.

If you gotta do it now either get the $49 dolla job or just upgrade to the 4. The other 3's are a waste of money when you can get the 4 for similar dolla. Also 16gb is plenty IMO

BadMoFo

Get Some!
Established Member
what else is up with the iphone 5? we only have 3g service around here and will probably be a while before 4g service hits. bad thing is I bet the ip5 comes out and its around $300+

TwinTurbo4vGT

Slowest GT alive :)
Established Member
If you can hold off till the summer iPhone 5 is supposed to drop around that time. Unbreakable/unscratchable glass case, 4g and some other now stuff.

If you gotta do it now either get the $49 dolla job or just upgrade to the 4. The other 3's are a waste of money when you can get the 4 for similar dolla. Also 16gb is plenty IMO
sorry but 16Gb is not even close to enough for this phone, i had to delete so much shit because i bought the 16gb and i have like no space for it all. Get the 32GB.
what else is up with the iphone 5? we only have 3g service around here and will probably be a while before 4g service hits. bad thing is I bet the ip5 comes out and its around $300+

4g service starts in the summer, so there will be no delay with 4g coverage, it will totally dominate all other networks it wont even be funny...

delvin.a

Established Member
sorry but 16Gb is not even close to enough for this phone, i had to delete so much shit because i bought the 16gb and i have like no space for it all. Get the 32GB.

4g service starts in the summer, so there will be no delay with 4g coverage, it will totally dominate all other networks it wont even be funny...

I cut down my music to just the choice cuts :) and I don't really keep video on it. If you like having butt-tons of music and video then definitely get the 32gb. The more I think about it 16gb isn't really enough. (I'm justifying it in my head I'm sure)

I hear the 5 is gonna blow all other phones away, just what I heard/read. Ya it'll prolly be 300+

king nothing

Established Member
If you use it for music you want something bigger than 16g. I used up 12gb of memory on my nano quick. i will never buy another device that doesnt have at least 64gb of memory

BadMoFo

Get Some!
Established Member
ya dont really download a lot of music or videos but do plan on web surfing and do want gps.

also was thinking about the htc inspire.

TJSwoboda

Established Member
I got an 8 GB 3G almost two years ago, not wanting to pay another hundred bucks for 16 GB. I just got an iPhone 4, and splurged on the full 32 GB. With only eight, I could only load it with the my favorite songs, only to make myself sick of them.
troutslap.gif

LaFlavor

Established Member
Sorry but androids are like German cars, overcomplicated pieces of garbage.

:shrug: Nothing I can do for you, then. Enjoy your slow processor, small screen, limited functionality, and training wheels.

I'm going to be over here, using my over-complicated piece of garbage to do some tethering. Maybe later I'll use it to watch some flash video content over a 4g connection.

TwinTurbo4vGT

Established Member
:shrug: Nothing I can do for you, then. Enjoy your slow processor, small screen, limited functionality, and training wheels.

I'm going to be over here, using my over-complicated piece of garbage to do some tethering. Maybe later I'll use it to watch some flash video content over a 4g connection.

:lol: I could do that 2 years ago on my iPhone buddy

Last edited:

TwinTurbo4vGT

Established Member
Now who's making things overly complicated.

Look, I can make a civic fast if I spend enough time and money on it. Or I can just get a fast car. Enjoy your civic.

:lol: typical answer from someone who doesn't know anything about phones. My family designs phones for Motorola and they have iPhones so what does that tell you...

LaFlavor

Established Member
:lol: typical answer from someone who doesn't know anything about phones. My family designs phones for Motorola and they have iPhones so what does that tell you...

Your family designs phones? Sure.

Judging by your previous post, you're obviously very well versed in phones.

Flash on jailbroken iphones is very recent, and is actually based on a hacked verion of the android flash.

And there are no iphones capable of running 4g now. Nor have any been announced.

Tethering still requires jailbreaking. I don't even have to install an app from the market, unless I want to do it for free.

TwinTurbo4vGT

Established Member
Your family designs phones? Sure.

Judging by your previous post, you're obviously very well versed in phones.

Flash on jailbroken iphones is very recent, and is actually based on a hacked verion of the android flash.

And there are no iphones capable of running 4g now. Nor have any been announced.

Tethering still requires jailbreaking. I don't even have to install an app from the market, unless I want to do it for free.
Actually yes they do. Ive had prototypes months before being released. :)

Users who are viewing this thread