iPhone Question

Erick

Established Member
I'm dying for an iPhone and my T-Mobile account expires June 2nd.
So I could buy a 3G for $100 refurb'd or $200 new OR wait until the new 3.0 is released later this June. Should I capitalize on the 3G savings or spend an arm & leg on the 3.0? I'm leaning towards the current 3G but I don't want to be sorry.

chrisheltra

Established Member
There is no 3.0 Iphone coming out. Rather its version 3.0 of their firmware which is free. Might as well get an Iphone sooner than later.

CobraZb

Blown Cobra *****
Established Member
I just got an iPhone about a month ago and have mixed feelings about it. I switched over from a basic Sprint plan and now pay 50 bucks more a month. Now the phone itself is great with all the things you can do with it. I especially love the maps and the search feature. My only thing is the servise is kinda in and out. I was having issues with my phone with dropped calls and just bad call clearity. Apple actually ended up giving me a new phone so hopefully that will help but with all that said, I would if I where you just make sure you like the iphone over any blackberrys or such other phones.

chrisheltra

Established Member
They let me try it for 30 days and if I didnt like the phone or the plan I could cancel and turn in the phone. Dont know if they still do that though.

FX4 SAPPER

Established Member
Dude in all honesty i would get a refurb'd one, it will still have the hardware warranty as a new one would, thats what sucks about the iPhones, no insurance plans are available for them. If you buy a new one you are still going to have the same chances of issues as you would with a brand new one. My .02

FranticFocus05

Established Member
Dude in all honesty i would get a refurb'd one, it will still have the hardware warranty as a new one would, thats what sucks about the iPhones, no insurance plans are available for them. If you buy a new one you are still going to have the same chances of issues as you would with a brand new one. My .02

You sure about that?

New Apple-branded equipment is covered by Apple's one-year Limited Warranty.
Refurbished Apple-branded equipment is covered under Apple’s original Limited Warranty, and will have at least 90 days or more remaining under the warranty when sold.

My first iPhone was a refurbished device and I had no problems with it, its really hit or miss like he said you have the same chances and most times the phones will usualy show problems when first used and still covered under warranty. Only real bad thing is if closer to a year your battary no longer holds a charge it would be covered.

As others have said its not a new phone really just software. Check out apple.com and go under "iPhone" and look for the 3.0 Software update its a blue box on the bottom left I believe.

FranticFocus05

Established Member
I shouldn't of referred to it as the 3.0. This link shows the "rumors" I've been reading about a next gen phone.
Next-generation iPhone to Have Video Editing, 802.11n, FM Transmit/Receive

Honestly man we (at&t) do not even know what of this is true so you have to take it as you want. We will not know anything until the rest of the world knows as they do not tell us any earlier and even if someone does happen to find out we lost enough people before the 3G launch... :kaboom: guess telling some people early was worth losing a job... :kaboom:

I would like to say on my own though I heard lots of people bitch when the phone was launched... of course Apple wont put everything out at once they want to keep people coming back again and again for new and better stuff. It will be great if all the rumors are true

Last edited:

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Honestly man we (at&t) do not even know what of this is true so you have to take it as you want. We will not know anything until the rest of the world knows as they do not tell us any earlier and even if someone does happen to find out we lost enough people before the 3G launch... :kaboom: guess telling some people early was worth losing a job... :kaboom:
I would like to say on my own though I heard lots of people bitch when the phone was launched... of course Apple wont put everything out at once they want to keep people coming back again and again for new and better stuff. It will be great if all the rumors are true
That is true, I would say wait till after June, if Apple is a no show then get the I Phone. Also, other rumours are going on about Apple going to Verizon, so maybe you can expect the rumoured I Phone Verizon early next year (if its true).

SVTsupremecy

Established Member
Touch Pro FTW! Windows Mobile all the way!

HTC touch pro is the biggest waste of money I have ever spent on anything. I wish I had my treo 700 over my HTC touch pro. $400 ill never get back, I wont even bother listing why it sucks cause Its not worth the time.

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member

Yup. We had 3 people in my ARSM's area let go for showing demo 3G's to customers.

If I were a betting man (and I am) I'd wait until the Apple conf in the middle of June. Its not that far off.

Erick

Established Member
The apple conference is mid-June. I just cant' imagine how much it's going to cost initially. I'm probably going to pick up the 3G.

T-Bolt

Official 'ring tow rig...
Established Member
There is no 3.0 Iphone coming out. Rather its version 3.0 of their firmware which is free. Might as well get an Iphone sooner than later.

Actually there is a 3rd generation iPhone in development, and a friend of a friend has one (software developer). All I can say is that it will communicate between other iPhones for 2 player games.

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
I got the Iphone about 2 weeks ago...love it no complaints...get a new one...the refurbished one has a crappy warranty and you only save a $100 which isn't worth it IMHO...

Users who are viewing this thread