Ironhand Racing's New IR-122

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ironhand

Banned
After almost a full year in the black I have decided to publicly announce the IR-122.

Between myself and Aric, we have fought many problems along the way between, manufacturing issues, time constraints, dynos being replaced, and unavailable tuner.

This was intended for the budget minded horsepower enthusiast with the goal to bridge the gap between a Ported Eaton and a Twin Screw.

With the standard eaton too small to effectively make power we tried an experiment and we sent the lil' ol' baby Eaton to the gym. The blower also uses all 8 of the bolts on the case to insure proper oil seal and rotor stability.

The prototype consists of:

2.0L Eaton Rotors.
Posi Ported Dragon Throttle Body, Plenum, & Blower Case.
Custom Pulley With Machined Snout.

IMAG0124.gif

At this time we aren't sure if we will produce this with more to follow later.

Patent Pending.

timspony

TVS Powered
Established Member
There are a few small Eaton's making power out there! :D .... Nice to see this come to life (perhaps) :rockon:

TRBO VNM

That would be pretty cool. A nice little upgrade package with rotor and snout swap. I assume you don't have to swap out the whole blower if someone already has a ported eaton? If so, it could stay on the car and be swapped out.

earico

It's 4:20 somewhere...
Established Member
That would be pretty cool. A nice little upgrade package with rotor and snout swap. I assume you don't have to swap out the whole blower if someone already has a ported eaton? If so, it could stay on the car and be swapped out.

We are not certain if it can be done with the case already mounted to the car. The coolant crossover tube may not allow enough working room.

TRBO VNM

We are not certain if it can be done with the case already mounted to the car. The coolant crossover tube may not allow enough working room.

As long as there isn't anything that needs to be changed with the case and it is just a "typical" ported case, then you can. You just have to tilt the front up enough to have room for the rotors and stuff to clear. It just depends on how much work you want to do and not do. but it can be done and for a setup like mine or others with EGR delete and minimal vac harnesses, etc, it makes swapping a lot easier.

Great to know though. :beer:

Justin@VMP

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I thought about something like this a while back. The gt500 blower does so well though because it has a has a huge inlet.

Jefe

Established Member
Shame about Posi, subbin for more!

Ironhand

Banned
I thought about something like this a while back. The gt500 blower does so well though because it has a has a huge inlet.

That is a concern. But even the GT-500 blower most breath through a T/B that can limit the overall CFM and that is why we put a big Dragon on it to see what it would do in it's furthest potential.

I would like to see it hold 16 psi all the way to red line without excessive IAT2 temps. Im sure that it can make more boost then that but we are hoping for more power, lower IAT2 temps, with slightly higher peak boost pressures.

Shame about Posi, subbin for more!

Ill post updates as it comes along.

Hm...sub'n for numbers and possible prices if produced...I like my eaton

The car will go on a dyno as soon as we can make it happen.

The prices that we are thinking are very reasonable but I wont sell it unless it proves to be worth the money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread