IRS Alignment

sn95.ohh

Established Member
Hey guys,

I have a 94 GT with an 03 IRS. Ive been autocrossing the car with the IRS for about a year and half now. I was curious as to what some of the guys on here with cobras align their car at for autocross.

Thanks,
-Rob A.

nelzsvt

Established Member
I am sorry nobody had the info for you, but please post your findings! I picked up an irs and installed it on a fox chassis and would like to know how well it does. I imagine with the negative camber that you can adjust it would do quite well. If it were me, I would tilt all 4 wheels in as far as they would go and start there. Maybe 1-2* negative? Keep us all posted and good luck!

KILRSVT

Established Member
I remember on mine I had 1.5 rear camber and toe in was in but not much you don't want to much rear camber on a high horsepower car

sn95.ohh

Established Member
Thanks for the input. On the IRS 1 degree of camber and some toe in seems to work well. I just recently started playing with fuel levels in the car and that seems to have a way bigger effect on handling at autox then some minor alignment adjustments.

blacksheep-1

Established Member
I've used IRS units in sn95s, foxes and new edges, I align them with the cobra "R" spec although I don't have that info in front of me. Too much tow out or in and you will try to steer the car like a forklift, which might be an advantage on some real short courses.

Users who are viewing this thread