IRS exhaust on SRA

uhhhaaron

Established Member
I’ve seen a few setups with an IRS exhaust system on a SRA Terminator. I’ve searched for “how to’s” and the only one I found was for a 90s Sn95.

Is it a hard job to do? I was planning on asking a few performance/muffler shops in my area this weekend when I’m off if they’d be willing to do it. I really love the look of the IRS exhaust setup, but since I have a SRA, I lose that look.

I did see a Sonic Blue Terminator post on here with his before and after pictures, just couldn’t figure out how to message him.

Any input is appreciated. I am new to the forums, so sorry for the noob post.

lowflyn

Found my 03sbvert...
Established Member
Probably my car you have seen pictures of.

I installed IRS exhaust on my SRA car back in 09 or so. Still running it to this day.

Only change I made is adding exhaust hangers at the muffler for extra support. Simple 10 minute job for any exhaust shop. Other than that the tailpipes are held in place at muffler with clamps and at tail pipes with the OE hangers.

Takes 2 minutes to remove tailpipes for raising the car high. For minor things I just jack it up on the jacking rail and can access whatever I need. Tail pipes can be pushed back to the sway bar with a jack when you are finished.

lowflyn

Found my 03sbvert...
Established Member

I installed IRS exhaust on my SRA car back in 09 or so. Still running it to this day.

Only change I made is adding exhaust hangers at the muffler for extra support. Simple 10 minute job for any exhaust shop. Other than that the tailpipes are held in place at muffler with clamps and at tail pipes with the OE hangers.

Takes 2 minutes to remove tailpipes for raising the car high. For minor things I just jack it up on the jacking rail and can access whatever I need. Tail pipes can be pushed back to the sway bar with a jack when you are finished.

uhhhaaron

Established Member

Dude thanks so much!
Do you ever run into any issues with the exhaust sitting so low?

Also do you have any pics of the hanger locations?

Thanks again

Users who are viewing this thread