IRS suspension upgrades

jadon087

Established Member
Well let me start of with a hello and thanks in advance for any info. I just purchased my first cobra 03 torch red vert 10th with 28k miles on it for 21k. IT has magnaflow exhaust, upper and lower pully, unknown subframe connectors and couple other things. The first thing i wanted to mod was the suspenion which i plan on going with the Full tilt boogie racing suspension package and new blistein shock, struts all the way around. Also h&r springs with 19 inch wheels.

My real question is can any recommend me a place near nashville,tn that will do the irs bushing, toe links,etc without breaking my bank. i went to a very reputable shop and they said $2000 in labor just to do the IRS upgrades. I dont have the tools to do them myself and would hate to drop 2k just on that mod after buying all the parts needed.

If anyone can point me in the right direction please do or if you think 2k is reasonable i guess ill have to keep saving and wait it out.

weaselp1

Established Member
Here is a link to the FTBR recommended dealer install shops. http://www.fulltiltboogieracing.com/dealers_and_install_facilities.htm

If there is not a shop near you, I would reach out to Bruce at FTBR to see if he recommends anyone - maybe someone else from your area will chime in also about where they got their FTBR stuff installed.

If you are installing the basic kit, about 1k is right, but if you add the diff cover, and bumpsteer kit and bumpsteering the car (Which can take up to 2-3 hours, 2k seems still on the high side, but still not crazy)

Straight from FTBR site: http://www.fulltiltboogieracing.com/faqs.htm#Lastly

Q: "I'm not comfortable doing this job, how much should I expect to pay for installation of the kit?"
A: If you are not comfortable doing this job yourself, installation cost varies on the shop. I would say the low end for labor would be in the $700.00 range.
But to be honest, don't expect a lot of shops to do it for that. On the higher end, you're looking at possibly as high as $1,000.00 for the basic kit.
Installation of the bumpsteer kit and bumpsteering the IRS would be additional.

Mike

krazyazian

Established Member
Yeah, def get with Bruce at FTBR. Their quick to answer. If Bruce is busy he will get one of his guys to help. They've helped me multiple times. I'm sure he'll point you in the right direction! Good luck with your modding!

jadon087

Established Member
Here is a link to the FTBR recommended dealer install shops. http://www.fulltiltboogieracing.com/dealers_and_install_facilities.htm

If there is not a shop near you, I would reach out to Bruce at FTBR to see if he recommends anyone - maybe someone else from your area will chime in also about where they got their FTBR stuff installed.

If you are installing the basic kit, about 1k is right, but if you add the diff cover, and bumpsteer kit and bumpsteering the car (Which can take up to 2-3 hours, 2k seems still on the high side, but still not crazy)

Straight from FTBR site: http://www.fulltiltboogieracing.com/faqs.htm#Lastly

Q: "I'm not comfortable doing this job, how much should I expect to pay for installation of the kit?"
A: If you are not comfortable doing this job yourself, installation cost varies on the shop. I would say the low end for labor would be in the $700.00 range.
But to be honest, don't expect a lot of shops to do it for that. On the higher end, you're looking at possibly as high as $1,000.00 for the basic kit.
Installation of the bumpsteer kit and bumpsteering the IRS would be additional.

Mike

Yeah, def get with Bruce at FTBR. Their quick to answer. If Bruce is busy he will get one of his guys to help. They've helped me multiple times. I'm sure he'll point you in the right direction! Good luck with your modding!

Thanks guys i called one of the dealers on the list who is only a few hours away and they already quoted me 1k cheaper. think im gonna go with them.

Users who are viewing this thread