• DO IT!!! IRS ROCKS!!!

Votes: 32 56.1%
  • Build the SRA!!!

Votes: 25 43.9%

• Total voters

NJ 03Mach1

Hillclimbers do it better
Established Member
Definately let me know when I'm goin to north nj this sat to do my swap. Would I need to be caged to run with you guys this summer?

Well, I'm talking about a cruise, not my races...

Yeah you need at least a roll bar, I think a fire suit, and a giant pair of testicles to run with those guys.

But BOY is it fun!

:banana::pepper::dancenana:

04Mach1Blurr

1st GT500 M122 Eaton Mach
Established Member
So you finally got IRS... Bushings installed yet or no?

Yea finally, found a good deal. Same Borla Stingers catback traded, and his IRS only had 6k miles on it. from an 03. And Eibach spings for it. I tried doing the bushings install, but I couldnt even get the first one out. I tried one of the bushings from the front left mount, and it wouldnt come out. I didnt have a drill to drill into it either though, but im not sure if that was the problem. Im just gonna take it to a shop and have them install them and my BF irs brace, and maybe gears, not sure when though

RcodeStang

Established Member
Yea finally, found a good deal. Same Borla Stingers catback traded, and his IRS only had 6k miles on it. from an 03. And Eibach spings for it. I tried doing the bushings install, but I couldnt even get the first one out. I tried one of the bushings from the front left mount, and it wouldnt come out. I didnt have a drill to drill into it either though, but im not sure if that was the problem. Im just gonna take it to a shop and have them install them and my BF irs brace, and maybe gears, not sure when though

Figured. I think Steeda quotes the install time for their IRS control arm bushings at 10 hours. MMs install directions didn't look very fun either.

04Mach1Blurr

Established Member
Figured. I think Steeda quotes the install time for their IRS control arm bushings at 10 hours. MMs install directions didn't look very fun either.

Yea, i bought Bruce's IRS full bushings kit off of here. And even had the tools for the kit, i bent one of the metal spacers trying to get the bushing out, and the nut was almost sheared off and it was like welded to the spacer.
I want to find a qoute froma shop for the install

Gallows

Make My Day... N/A
Established Member
Yea, i bought Bruce's IRS full bushings kit off of here. And even had the tools for the kit, i bent one of the metal spacers trying to get the bushing out, and the nut was almost sheared off and it was like welded to the spacer.
I want to find a quote from a shop for the install

Was the car driven in the salt by any chance? With the low mileage you would think they wouldn't be that hard to get out.

Thanks for posting the pics:beer: Are you still happy with the swap after a few days of driving?

04Mach1Blurr

Established Member
As far as I know, the IRS had never been drivin in bad weather. I would guess that because It looked great and usually with a car with 6k miles on it, usually they arent driven in bad weather. I litterally drove it 5hrs tops with the IRS in, I drove from NYC back down to my dads garage in VA and washed it and left the car in the garage. So they drive was nice though, comfortable ride that wasnt too stiff or anything and def handled and was more comfortable than the SRA. the catback (Borla Stingers) the same i had on my SRA, had a bit deeper/longer droan from about 65mph to 75mph. where my SRA exhaust was right about 68mph to 74mph. Dont really mind though

04Mach1Blurr

Established Member
And some good news as well, I changed my fuel filter while i was underneath and when i poured the fuel outa the old filter, it was crystal clear, and thats with just cracking 47k on the dash. Thats whats up!

99MystiC

Established Member
Yea it has never been drivin in snow nor rain. I would know lol. Glad everything worked out except for the bushings.

bwahl602

Established Member
yo guys... sorry i missed all the replies to this thread lol

im still on the fence... i think im gonna just pull the trigger and do it... im sure the IRS will be much better for the street driving the car does (100% practically lol) and the roads around here suck.

plus, the cost to fully build the SRA vs fully build the IRS is definatlrey in the IRSs favor... IRS will be significantly cheaper to build

my SRA just got some new MM control arms.. We dented the piss out of my tailpipes to try to get them to stop banging into the axle... and something in the rear suspension is squeaking... everytime i fix something, something else starts making noise back there...

SOME ONE PLEASE.... just answer one question for me... with all delrin bushings and bumpsteer set and a good alignment... is there anything the car wont be able to do anymore... specifically speaking towards playing around... its not really a deciding factor but something im thinking about... will i still be able to add a little throttle and let the car oversteer through a turn if i want without mid turn wheel hop(while spinning) and can you dump 2nd and spin the tires a little from a stop?

thats all i have left to figure out lol...

Heres what ive ultimatley come up with:
1. The roads here sucks... really suck... the IRS will definatley be better for the choppy turns and will significantly benefit ride comfort
2. This is a street car... I dont drag race
3. The IRS will handle better than i can drive
4. The IRS will be cheaper than the SRA to build, and potentially be better for me.
5. It looks F***in sexy

bill

speedofsound

Centrifuged
Established Member
just answer one question for me... with all delrin bushings and bumpsteer set and a good alignment... is there anything the car wont be able to do anymore... specifically speaking towards playing around... its not really a deciding factor but something im thinking about... will i still be able to add a little throttle and let the car oversteer through a turn if i want without mid turn wheel hop(while spinning) and can you dump 2nd and spin the tires a little from a stop?

YES. The real key is setting it up right. I can do exactly what you described above with absolutely no hint of wheelhop.

04Mach1Blurr

Established Member
Yea I do a little hopping because it's completely stock aside from springs. But I have everything waiting and ready to go to the shop. FTBR's full kit, BF diff brace, and 4.10 gears waitin to go in since it will be down.

And the best part is when your whipping it through turns, you can be sideways a bit but still in pretty good control. And hopping from a stop, it happens bit if you just pop the clutch higher it'll spin em

Gallows

Make My Day... N/A
Established Member
Bump anybody else swappin around yet? Comon its spring!

I picked up a IRS last weekend out of a 99 Cobra that came with a Billet Flow rear brace, MM front brace, 31 spline axles and 4:56's. It need bushings before I put it in the car and once I get a couple other projects finished I am going to order the kit form Bruce.

04Mach1Blurr

Established Member
Awesome and thats a high gear too! Yea im waiting to install bruces kit and some things. sapossed to be the tits

Users who are viewing this thread