IRS Whipple Setup

PsyCoe

Established Member
More Whipple talk. Got the power. Now I need to get it to the road. Wheel hop is pretty comical with a stock suspension and tire setup after you throw a SC on. Ordering the Steeda Stop the Hop kit within the next few months. Comes with IRS frame braces, vertical links, toe links, alignment kit, and bushing supports. Any other recommendations? (Still deciding what wheels and tires to go with.)

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
thats gonna be the limit with traction with that set-up. Ur gonna need a good hooking tire and an 18 or 19 inch rim won't cut it with a DR. Skating pond down the hi way.

Buellitt

Established Member
I just removed all that in favor of BMR components. Less money and better results. Rear shocks also helped, I’m running nt05 305s. Whipple 2.9.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

PsyCoe

Established Member
I just removed all that in favor of BMR components. Less money and better results. Rear shocks also helped, I’m running nt05 305s. Whipple 2.9.

Can you link me to what you have for suspension? I'm doing the MT Street ET 305s for tires. Got my wheels in yesterday, went with the TSW Mugello in hyper silver 20x8.5/10

Buellitt

Established Member
BMR CB005r, Viking crusader shocks, and billet vertical links, Vogtland springs. I’ll do l.c.a. Bushings when I run out of other projects.

PsyCoe

Established Member
That looks nice and a lot cheaper than the steeda package as well. I've Eibach sportline springs already. Definitely gonna do the bushings. Thanks for the input.

Sean@LethalPerformance

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor

PsyCoe

Established Member
Thanks for the advice. Looks like BMR and Steeda are the way to go. I'll probably look at doing a mix of the 2.

Users who are viewing this thread