is a 93 w/ 9k miles worth $25k?

Black306

Established Member
Cars can be kept that MINT and get driven.

X2

This was my 89k mile Cobra.

carrage1.jpg

carrage2.jpg

interior.jpg

But I still would not call that car anything close to mint.

Last edited:

ShortThrow50

Always buyin cheap tires
Established Member
You should have taken that and ran.

I disagree, it would hard to find a car such as is. If i had a low mile super clean black one. I wouldnt sell it for 30 grand. Thats how bad i would ike to have one lol

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
I disagree, it would hard to find a car such as is. If i had a low mile super clean black one. I wouldnt sell it for 30 grand. Thats how bad i would ike to have one lol
I was simply going off the info at hand (miles and price). I know nothing of the car, or how nice it is, which obviously would make a difference in value. We tend to focus only on miles when considering value and fail to take into account that there are high mile cars that are probably nicer than some of the low mile cars.

I'm currently trying to sell a high mile 03 cobra that runs, drives, and feels, like a 30k mile car, but people can't look past the miles it shows, so sometimes, regardless of how nice it is, people will only pay X amount simply because of miles alone.

Last edited:

TFStang

Established Member
You must live in a different world than the rest of us. 5100 units isn't exactly rare, but it's far more rare than the 150,000 regular units built that year.

And 00 cobra R's aren't going for mid or high 30's right now. A couple years ago maybe, but not right now. Especially with "little to no miles". They're solidly in the mid 40's. You may see one with high miles (compared with the average) go for less than $40k but it definitely isn't the norm.

You seem to price things based on your opinion, or what you feel they're worth, but the reality is they're valued more than that. And seeing one for sale at a certain price doesn't set the market for the rest. You have yet to provide an example of one at the prices you're suggesting. Honestly I think you're just trying to stir the pot.

00 Cobra R's have been selling for $40K for VERY NICE examples. I know of one in PA right now with less than 3K miles for $37K if I want it.

I am certainly not pricing things baseed on my opinion, because if I was, the numbers would be a lot lower. I never said that the cars I have found are market makers, I simply said that the numbers as stated above are ridiculous and one can do a lot better than that. $25K for a 93 Cobra with 19K miles...please :rollseyes

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
00 Cobra R's have been selling for $40K for VERY NICE examples. I know of one in PA right now with less than 3K miles for $37K if I want it.
Here is exactly what you said:

00 Cobra R's are going for high 30's right now

And

when they can get a real purpose built race car for mid $30's with little to no miles

You know of one. WOW. Care to share? Or are you keeping that example to yourself as well? 00 Cobra R's are not going for mid or high $30's. It's just your attempt at stirring the pot. As you do in every "value" thread.

TFStang

Established Member
Here is exactly what you said:

And

You know of one. WOW. Care to share? Or are you keeping that example to yourself as well? 00 Cobra R's are not going for mid or high $30's. It's just your attempt at stirring the pot. As you do in every "value" thread.

Call it what you want. I know of a nice example that is way under $40K. I'm surprised everyone is so shocked. Have you been paying attention to the economy? Things aren't that good. Cars are going cheap right now, real cheap. When was the last time you saw a low mile Viper ACR for $40K?

Things are getting worse everyday and will continue to get worse through 2009 if not 2010. Wait and see what happens to values then.

Deals are out there. I'm seeing more deals now than I ever have. All you have to do is look.

ShortThrow50

Always buyin cheap tires
Established Member
I was simply going off the info at hand (miles and price). I know nothing of the car, or how nice it is, which obviously would make a difference in value. We tend to focus only on miles when considering value and fail to take into account that there are high mile cars that are probably nicer than some of the low mile cars.

I'm currently trying to sell a high mile 03 cobra that runs, drives, and feels, like a 30k mile car, but people can't look past the miles it shows, so sometimes, regardless of how nice it is, people will only pay X amount simply because of miles alone.

what are you lookin to jump into after your cobra sells

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
Call it what you want. I know of a nice example that is way under $40K. I'm surprised everyone is so shocked. Have you been paying attention to the economy? Things aren't that good. Cars are going cheap right now, real cheap. When was the last time you saw a low mile Viper ACR for $40K?

Things are getting worse everyday and will continue to get worse through 2009 if not 2010. Wait and see what happens to values then.

Deals are out there. I'm seeing more deals now than I ever have. All you have to do is look.
I'm calling it as I see it. You're making claims of all these low mile cars for cheap, yet you won't back it up with any example. I've been watching the values of R models and cobras in general for years.

I agree, with the economy on the downslope, the prices may start coming back down, and I agree there are deals out there, but to make a generalization on the value of a group of cars because you know of ONE, is dumb, IMO.

Speedfreek

Established Member
OK just out of curiosity I did a search on Autotrader and Cars.com I put in 93 Mustang v8 and gave a little leway and put in 40k miles there were 6 came up on cars.com and 7 came up on autotrader none of which were cobras. So please give me a link to the car you are talking about that is MINT under 19k miles and under 15k because I can't find it and I want to buy it.

04MysticCobra

Established Member
OK just out of curiosity I did a search on Autotrader and Cars.com I put in 93 Mustang v8 and gave a little leway and put in 40k miles there were 6 came up on cars.com and 7 came up on autotrader none of which were cobras. So please give me a link to the car you are talking about that is MINT under 19k miles and under 15k because I can't find it and I want to buy it.

I did the search nationwide on Autotrader for 93 Mustang Cobras and about 35-40 Cobras came up across the country. Most of them were 80K miles or higher and only a handful were under 20K and prices started at 18K-25K. I want to see where all these under 15 grand mint 93 Cobras are.

I had 2-93 Cobras back in 2000. One 93R and one Regular Cobra. Both the cars were mint with low mileage and I sold them both for more than I paid for them. I wish that I had both of them now. My 93R is in the SVT Cobra Recogntion guide which I took the photos of for the book. So I get to see my 93R all the time at least...lol.

Everyone's idea of MINT is somewhat different. No matter what anybody says here I never consider any Cobra with high miles like 70K, 80K or more to be MINT. It will be very good condition but not MINT. My 04 Lightning has 28K miles and in excellent stock condition and I do not consider it MINT.

I was looking at 94-95 Gen 1 Lightnings for a low mileage one and thats very hard to find. If they pop up usually going for 15-20K.

When the low mileage SVT vehicle give away begins please clue me in because I want to be in on those deals. So far I dont see them.............lol.

2004 Black SVT Lightning
2004 Mystichrome Cobra coupe(MINT)

TFStang

Established Member
I'm calling it as I see it. You're making claims of all these low mile cars for cheap, yet you won't back it up with any example. I've been watching the values of R models and cobras in general for years.

I agree, with the economy on the downslope, the prices may start coming back down, and I agree there are deals out there, but to make a generalization on the value of a group of cars because you know of ONE, is dumb, IMO.

First of all, I never made any generalizations as you put it. I simply stated that prices are coming down, which they are and that I have found some great deals. As far as links to the deals, I offer any deal that I pass on to my friends first and then if they pass, I usually post if I know someone is looking.

Moreover, most of the deals I have found are not on the interenet, and not overinflated Ebay cars that get overinflated shilled bids and don't sell. I put a lot of hard work into finding deals and it has worked to my benefit. From the way things read here, it appears that not many are skilled in finding deals.

P.S. There is one on Ebay right now with 23K miles with a BIN of $15K. They are out there, you just need to look. Only point I am trying to make is this - market sucks, car prices are coming way down, have yet to see a vehicle that is going up in value in this market.
Here's to stirring the pot :rockon:

Last edited:

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
First of all, I never made any generalizations as you put it. I simply stated that prices are coming down, which they are and that I have found some great deals. As far as links to the deals, I offer any deal that I pass on to my friends first and then if they pass, I usually post if I know someone is looking.

Moreover, most of the deals I have found are not on the interenet, and not overinflated Ebay cars that get overinflated shilled bids and don't sell. I put a lot of hard work into finding deals and it has worked to my benefit. From the way things read here, it appears that not many are skilled in finding deals.

P.S. There is one on Ebay right now with 23K miles with a BIN of $15K. They are out there, you just need to look. Only point I am trying to make is this - market sucks, car prices are coming way down, have yet to see a vehicle that is going up in value in this market.
You said exactly this:

00 Cobra R's are going for high 30's right now. Why would anyone spend $25K on a 93 when they can get a real purpose built race car for mid $30's with little to no miles?

Now when anyone else reads this it suggests that Cobra R's (plural) are selling for mid to high 30's. The fact is, they're not. If they're "selling" for that price, why are you worried about letting out your "deal" when they can be had with "little to no miles" anywhere else?

And, that 93 on ebay with 23k miles has prior accident history. I'd say it's priced about right considering that. That car lives about a mile from me.

Speedfreek

Established Member

Again show me these deals I want one now. If the car you listed above has prior accident history then you still haven't shown one car like you speak of. I'm ready to put my money where my mouth is now show me. You have no clue of what you are talking about. Everyone has proven there point except you. It's time to put up or shut up. And the car must be mint. Again no paint work ect ect ect.

TFStang

Established Member
Again show me these deals I want one now. If the car you listed above has prior accident history then you still haven't shown one car like you speak of. I'm ready to put my money where my mouth is now show me. You have no clue of what you are talking about. Everyone has proven there point except you. It's time to put up or shut up. And the car must be mint. Again no paint work ect ect ect.

Take it easy there chief. I don't have anything to prove to anyone. I could care less if people believe there are deals out there or not. I simply state what I see / feel. You can choose to believe me or not, I really don't care.

In fact, if I were to show you a specific car I know of for sale in NY (19K mile car for under $15K) I'm sure you would find a million reasons not to buy it because its not MINT as you call it, even though to the rest of the world it is a nicely kept original Cobra.

Users who are viewing this thread