• Welcome to SVTPerformance!

Is a recession on the horizon or is this just a blip

Discussion in 'Politics Forum' started by Blk04L, Aug 14, 2019.

1. Weather Man

Weather Man Persistance Is A Bitch Premium Member Established Member

Trump agrees with you! ;)

2. Klaus

Klaus Premium Member Premium Member Established Member

your graph is a good example of how to not tell the whole story by playing with the scale. Zoom out a bit and Obama's record looks pretty good. Manufacturing job growth did slow and then pick back up, principally due to Ryan's tax cut in spite of the tariffs.

manufacturing-employment.jpg

3. Sinister04L

Sinister04L RIP Kane Established Member

Manufacturing jobs flatlined during Obama's last 2 years, when he famously declared that the jobs weren't coming back and where is Trump's magic wand, etc. This was supposed to be the "new normal." Trump went on to add over 10 times the manufacturing jobs during roughly the same period of time.

4. Klaus

I dont disagree but they flatlined because of the energy market imploding in 2015. Energy jobs are counted as manufacturing and there were huge losses because of Saudi Arabias attempt to nuke US oil production and had nothing to do with Obama. Oil began to recover in 2016 and had nothing to do with Trump.

Manufacturing jobs are in the process of flatlining at the moment. Should trump be held accountable?

5. Sinister04L

Sinister04L RIP Kane Established Member

Get back with me in 2 years.

6. nxhappy

nxhappy Vette Killer Established Member

the market is only like a roller coaster right now because Trump is playing hardball with the cocksuckers in China. Once the tariff wars settle, the market will be stable. Other than the stock market, unemployment is way day. The housing market is CRANKING good. GDP is good. Have no fear my friends, Trump will be re-elected. We are golden .

tt335ci03cobra and scott9050 like this.
  7. triple-s

triple-s Active Member Established Member

you know what klaus lets be friends I like you just speak logical stuff.

Klaus likes this.
  8. Booky

Booky Well-Known Member Established Member

giphy.gif

me32, big reg and Klaus like this.
  9. Weather Man

LOL at the scale your fact checker org used. They flat lined because Obama had his foot stomped on the brakes with all tools at his disposal to attack business. You really are remarkably resistant to acknowledge how bad the existing trade deals were and feckless business regulation were screwing the economy. Does Trump get all the credit for how well things are going now? no. But having a president who actually pulls for everyone to succeed (and gives them full credit) and does his best to get the man off your back is a mighty fine thing indeed.

You know, as we have been discussing, I have been looking up various topics. The results I get when switching back and forth between various search engines is disturbing. My contempt and disdain for certain big tech and the MSM grows stronger by the day, and I thought I was maxed.

10. Klaus

sure thing. Hail Trump.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2019
    triple-s likes this.
  11. MG0h3

MG0h3 Premium Member Premium Member Established Member Established Member

Shit labor that build shit homes while they’re drinking at 6am. First hand experience.

Sent from the El Paso JR college dorm using the svtperformance.com mobile app

12. Klaus

Whats got you triggered?
    In fairness, I would be pissed all the time too if my job consisted of yelling at people to take their laptops out of their luggage and make sure their shampoo bottles are <3 oz.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2019
  13. Weather Man

If you're not for Trump you must be for what passes as a democrat today. Not necessarily true in your case. The left is doing its best to polarize the nation. I was watching the head of Minneapolis parks talk about white privilege the other day, just turned the channel.

scott9050 likes this.
  14. 03cobra#694

03cobra#694 Want to play a game? Staff Member Super Moderator

Knock if off.

EatonEggbeater likes this.
  15. Weather Man

:p

trumpicefishing.jpg

16. Need 04 Wine

Need 04 Wine Well-Known Member Established Member Established Member

For you that’s a not so common quip, that I’ve seen anyway.

You generally give a lot more substance.

You feeling ok man?
    Need to get Bruno in Here to get you firing on cylindahs again.

Sent from my POFS iPhone in a rage cause this is the third try.

17. scott9050

scott9050 Hillary for prison Established Member

CNN is obsessed with a recession:

upload_2019-8-22_16-54-3.png

tt335ci03cobra likes this.
  18. tones_RS3

tones_RS3 I like members members. Premium Member Established Member

Yeah,....the people that run that channel are assholes.
    Pure shit. They want a recession so bad and don't seem to care or think that recessions do ruin lives. ****ing garbage channel.

19. me32

me32 BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS Moderator

Hey they dont have much to talk about these days. There trying really hard. And only 1 thing keeps poping up.

tt335ci03cobra and tones_RS3 like this.
  20. jpro

jpro Disoriented Poster Established Member

I like to keep it simple...from my understanding, we have been taking it on the chin from China for a very long time and this trade war is necessary as a result. Also, the best time to engage in such a war is when the economy is strong (like it is now). Is there anyone here who disagrees with these statements? If so, provide data/info to back up you argument. I'm not being confrontational, but it seems there are people who don't agree; I'd like to hear their perspectives because I agree with your post.

There is a lot of that on SVTP. I'd ask others to try to be more open minded because while I like a lot of what Trump has been doing, he's not perfect by any stretch of the imagination. It's OK to be critical of someone and still support him; it seems there are quite a few on here who follow blindly...but there are also some who have self awareness and value multiple perspectives.

Yea...the quality and craftsmanship of homes in Vegas is TRASH. If I fart hard enough the house will cave in. The quality of work here is atrocious.

Honestly, if I had one wish it would be that the media reported the news instead of trying to create it. I am more than disgusted by the slanted views and propaganda by the media (from both sides). I'm smart enough to see through it, but just spend 5 minutes in public and you will realize that most people are too weak minded to resist the messages the media push. It is very, very scary.