• Welcome to SVTPerformance!

Is a recession on the horizon or is this just a blip

Discussion in 'Politics Forum' started by Blk04L, Aug 14, 2019.

1. Weather Man

Weather Man Persistance Is A Bitch Premium Member Established Member

There is a lot of that on here because the alternative is the abyss, especially for all things hot rodding. The left would eliminate our passion without a backwards glance and that is NOT an exaggeration.

2. jpro

jpro Disoriented Poster Established Member

I don't disagree, but I don't agree completely. I think the left will run Biden because he is more "centered" than the other 19 or 20 crazy SOB's running for the Dem nomination. I can't imagine any of the Dem candidates as President, that is a scary thought. However, that doesn't mean we should give Trump a pass on anything and everything.

scott9050 likes this.
  3. Weather Man

You do know that the Obama administration came within a whisker of outlawing all modification of any sort to any system related to emissions. It wasn't clear that even a catback exhaust would have been legal. This was done by a bureaucrat at EPA who tried to sneak it in under large truck regulation. Poof, multi-billion dollar sector of the economy gone. Cali is bragging about how CARB made the big 3 knuckle under and ignore Trump trying to keep fuel economy numbers sane. My fervent prayer is that he revokes cali's exemption that allows them to set their emission rules.

tt335ci03cobra, jeffh81, Tob and 2 others like this.
  4. nxhappy

nxhappy Vette Killer Established Member

you are 100% correct. I work in the industry and these countries have been ****ing us on duties and taxes for a LONG time. And it's not just China. The president is doing the right thing by firing right back at these commies. Eventually more business will start in America rather than importing from China. Let's face it, the goal is to have more businesses on our own turf because than means more JOBS which in turn means a good economy. Like I said I'm not worried. I don't see any usual indicators of a recession. If any one thinks a recession is coming within the foreseeable future, please explain.

5. tones_RS3

tones_RS3 I like members members. Premium Member Established Member

Probably partial the reason we have stupid crap like MDS, AFM and START/STOP on trucks these days. Do you think? Serious question.
    I could give a **** about gas mileage on a truck. I want it beastly which is why I buy V8's. If I wanted a gas sipper, I would buy a smaller truck or a car. I rarely look at prices at the pump when I fill up.

Stroszek, jeffh81 and Tob like this.
  6. nxhappy

nxhappy Vette Killer Established Member

**** CARB. they brag about all this bullshit, and then they promote car batteries that are NON DISPOSABLE. I swear this electric shit is worse than we know it. If they were smart they would build a solar panel car. They don't even sniff test anymore so what's the point of testing the computer.

tones_RS3 likes this.
  7. Klaus

Klaus Premium Member Premium Member Established Member

and yet instead we got the second golden era of muscle cars that is arguably better than the first. gt500, c6zr1, g5zl1, hellcats all came about during this era.

8. Weather Man

That having nothing to do with what the Obama bureaucrat tried to do. Many many guys buy those cars and drive them bone stock. Many many other guys take great pleasure in buying mods mild to wild, pretty sad day if you couldn't drop it off at DB Performance.

scott9050 likes this.
  9. 1 Alibi 2

1 Alibi 2 If not today, when ?????? Established Member

Recession seems to be the Dims new dog whistle, & the main stream media is all in.
    Will there EVER be another recession, yes.
    I don't see it in the short term, ( 18 - 24 months ).
    I think there will be major shake-up in trade relations after Trump wins in 2020, China will have to come to the table..

Stroszek, tones_RS3 and scott9050 like this.
  10. CompOrange04GT

CompOrange04GT I like Wood, and not Oak in my butt Established Member

I don’t see as much drilling going on anymore. But production on already drilled wells isn’t slowing down here, and house prices are still up.

Still can’t find enough employees to fill spots out here.

11. scott9050

scott9050 Hillary for prison Established Member

Thank Trump for America's new oil markets - CNN

Obama had a war on oil and gas, Trump has not. Trump has had a lot to do with the turn around. Trump even has Saudi Arabia building their first church......in history. He has a lot of flaws but he in so many times better than anything the Dems have to offer.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2019
  12. Klaus

Klaus Premium Member Premium Member Established Member

Well we saw the explosion of shale oil, fracking, etc during the BO years. Remember when that dumb bitch Palin was screeching "drill baby drill?" She was talking about offshore oil, little did she know that offshore would soon be totally irrelevant because onshore production and especially west TX was about to absolutely explode. Had we followed her idiotic policies we would be focused on offshore, which turns out to be shit compared to what is available in the permian. The US is a net exporter of oil now because of the revolution of horizontal drilling that happened right before the financial crisis and really accelerated in 2010. It became such a significant factor that Saudi viewed the US as a huge threat and turned up production in 2014 to try to blow out US producers. This is not my opinion, this how it actually played out.

Here is the thing, very little in the energy patch had to do with BO and very little of what is going on now has anything to do with Trump. Which is something I really do not get about the Trump cult (or any other political cult). Its as if he is a god and he has directly intervened in everything that has happened on his watch (except the bad things, which are the MSM or the evil opposition's fault) when in fact it coincidentally happened on his watch. Its politics as pro wrestling and it is dumb AF. A lot of this was true about BO too BTW as he had a similar cult of personality. Also, LOL about the church in Saudi. As if that matters. Is it DJTs fault that Saudi is chopping up journalists and throwing them in garbage disposals? Check out the public executions in Saudi, is DJT responsible? The sun came out today, was that DJT, too? Heil Trump!

Methodm947 likes this.
  13. Great Asp

Great Asp Well-Known Member Premium Member Established Member

I am buying a Rotary 2-post lift, not a Bendpak for this very reason. Sure a Rotary is more expensive but it keeps people here employed.

E

14. Weather Man

TDS is just sad to see.

T.Man, EatonEggbeater and jeffh81 like this.
  15. jpro

I think if/when Trump wins reelection he is going to turn up the heat on China even more. Look, even before he was President or running for the office he was very outspoken on our trade relations with China and a few other countries, but especially China. The past several Presidents have not been in a position to challenge China on trade. Bush was dealing with the aftermath of 9/11 and the "new world" after that tragic event. Obama was in no position either, as he inherited a very weak economy after the Great Recession. Now is the time to get tough with China, and quite honestly I trust Trump to do it. I wouldn't have trusted Obama or Bush, two career politicians.

16. Tob

Tob Salut! Staff Member Super Moderator

We're here at this site because we share a common interest. If anything, be thankful that Trump is in office at this point in time. The hobby is being targeted, indirectly or not, and you best make a choice. Cash for clunkers and the aforementioned attempt by the EPA to shut this thing down were the tip of the massive, libtardian iceberg. If you want to toe the line across the board fine, shoot yourself in the face. The rest of us dinosaurs are going down with a fight.

T.Man, Dave M, gimmie11s and 6 others like this.
  17. silver srt 8

silver srt 8 Member Established Member

Amen to that.

18. jeffh81

jeffh81 Keeping it local Established Member

Amen to what @Tob said.

tones_RS3 and Tob like this.
  19. jpro

I’ll say this, China wants to screw us so they stop buying our agricultural products...Trump strikes deal with japan and Great Britain on agricultural goods, further diversifying our trade portfolio. ****ing brilliant.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Stroszek and tones_RS3 like this.
  20. tt335ci03cobra

tt335ci03cobra Well-Known Member Established Member

Nailed it. /thread. He’s right you know. Probably couldn’t add much to this excepts that I’m personally 100% behind Trump while he publically tells the nwo and China no.

jpro likes this.