Is a retune needed for an X-pipe??

WikedCobra

Established Member
If I installed a Bassani catted X pipe, would I need to retune my car? I don't think I would, but I just wanted to check.

Also, if I'm buying a used Bassani catted X pipe, how do I tell if it's the stainless steel version?

Thanks.

TEABG

Banned
As RedfireSVT wrote, it will be shiny. You will now right away if it is stainless. That is why they cost an additional $200.00.

WikedCobra

Established Member
Does this look like the SS version?

Bassani.gif

WikedCobra

Established Member
Thanks for the comments. I know it was hard to tell from the pictures, this x pipe is stainless. Several people have told me that stainless becomes a nice golden color when it heats up.

Thanks.

TEABG

Banned
WikedCobra said:
Thanks for the comments. I know it was hard to tell from the pictures, this x pipe is stainless. Several people have told me that stainless becomes a nice golden color when it heats up.

Thanks.

Aluminized also turns that color epically where it comes off of the exhaust manifolds. That is Aluminized .100% positive that is not polished. If it is polished then it must have been been underwater for (5) years or something.

TEABG

Banned
WikedCobra said:
Thanks for your comments, but it IS the stainless version. :beer:

It might be but in the small picture it looks aluminized. I have seen a polished SS before and they are crazy shiny!

firemanmike

FIREMANMIKE
Established Member
My X pipe was nice and shiny when installed and is now a nice golden color now, but a magnet will grab it? Why? I bought them NIB from MagnaFlow? I hope someone didn't swap it with a POS when I had the rotors swapped. I hate leaving my car anywhere!!!

TEABG

Banned
My Magnaflow cat-back polished and it is the same exact color it was when I purchased it over a year ago. Polished does not turn aluminized, parts of the polish metal turns colors due to heat. My cat-back has not! Colors can be green-blue but not rusty dull aluminized color. The metal/finish must be years old and was exposed and was exposed lot of water.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread