Is anyone at all buying the new ranger?

TaraFirma

Established Member
I looked at them out of curiosity the last time I was at the stealership for an airbag recall. My thought at the time was “why the hell wouldn’t I just pay a couple thousand more and get a half ton?”

Obviously back in the day, Rangers were budget trucks...but not anymore. I had at least one ranger, a 1st gen explorer, and a Navajo. All were great trucks. I couldn’t see buying a new one unless it was way cheaper than they are currently listing for.
This!!
A budget truck is what they should have brought back but didn't. The ranger loyal screamed for a ranger, but were not specific enough on what they wanted so Ford gave them the Global ranger. Price was what killed it in the first place. A nice one got well into F-150 territory really quickly.

mmustangsrus

boost makes daddy happy
Established Member
People are buying the shit out of them here I see them all the time! Back in January we were in southern Philippines ( Cebu ) for vacation it was the 1st time I seen one in person. I really like them but don’t want another car note for a long time! But I would put it in the mix!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blk02edge

Established Member
They brought an old non engineered world ranger to America and it sucks Off Road. Looks awful as well.
Sucks off road compared to what though? They havent brought the true offroad variant here yet. I agree it looks like a neutered generic euro truck though. Also I thought it drove really well. I liked the drivetrain

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
I just realized I have never seen one. Isnt ford releasing a new one next year or following? why get the outdated when a new one is around the corner?

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I actually sell them about as quickly as I get them. I only have 1 in stock currently.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Sucks off road compared to what though? They havent brought the true offroad variant here yet. I agree it looks like a neutered generic euro truck though. Also I thought it drove really well. I liked the drivetrain
The fx4 used to mean off road before ford watered it down. Hunting for gears and axle articulation is not good from I’ve been told.
I’d buy the current f150 first.

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
Got quite a few on Ranger5g forum. Lots of lifted trucks and they look good lifted.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Got quite a few on Ranger5g forum. Lots of lifted trucks and they look good lifted.

went to a little offroad parts show here last weekend and I was surprised how good one looked with a small lift and different wheels/tires, I generally haven't thought much of them.

I don't see many around here at all.

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
went to a little offroad parts show here last weekend and I was surprised how good one looked with a small lift and different wheels/tires, I generally haven't thought much of them.

I don't see many around here at all.

Its surprising what a little lift and some tires do to them.

blk02edge

Established Member
The fx4 used to mean off road before ford watered it down. Hunting for gears and axle articulation is not good from I’ve been told.
I’d buy the current f150 first.
It never was much more than skid plates. They were never taller and the torsen was a joke.
I just realized I have never seen one. Isnt ford releasing a new one next year or following? why get the outdated when a new one is around the corner?
Whered you see that?

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
You have more off road experience than I and your ranger is bad ass, I do remember one magazine naming the fx4 torson in the 10 best 4x4 all time.

Looks like mini 250. Looks good at first sight. Love to see that with method wheels and mud terrains.

Honestly Im curious at how they will update it. I know the overseas people put flatbeds and such on the current trucks and beat them like a rented mule. Me personally I want the Raptor version since Im not going to do any mods to anything

Users who are viewing this thread