Is it a must to upgrade my fuel rails or will stock rails work?

1sic04cobra

Established Member
So I will be running the 2.2KB with all supporting mods and E85. My questions are I will be running my modified stock fuel hat with the twin gt40 fuel pumps E85 compatible, 8AN fuel line up to the fuel rails, with 80# injectors, stock fuel rails, BAP, dual fuelpump driver modules, wire upgrade. I'm shooting for 600rwhp, or more would be a plus. Anyways will stock rails with the 8AN adpater be sufficient for my power goals if so up to how much power? Thanks, 1sic04cobra

TXEnginerd

Established Member
Yes they will be fine. I run stock rails with E85, -8an feed, and a 2 Walbro 465 pump return system. Others have pushed them even further.

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
My tuner didn't say the stock rails wouldn't work - but said he does recommend going to aftermarket rails with e85. It should only be about $300, but then again I know how it all adds up quick!

JeremyH

Established Member
You can always push more fuel through factory stuff with enough pump. Line and rail upgrades should not be overlooked especially on a e85 setup. With the volume of fuel being moved this mods help quite a bit and make for a better fuel system in the long run. 600rwhp is right of the cusp of where I like to upgrade them as well. I would delete the pprv as well.

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
your fine with the stock 03/04 rails to well past 700 corn. Personally, I'd be worried about a "modified" stock hat than the rails. I'd spend the dough on a fore hat before I'd worry about the rails. But I will say this…those fore rails sure are pretty! works of art

Users who are viewing this thread