Is it possible to get a replacement door jam sticker?

Farmer-Ted

I pooped a little.
Established Member
Some guy hit my Cobra in the driver side yesterday. Insurance is taking care of it. They are going to replace the door and rear quarter panel. Of course when the quarter panel is changed I'm going to loose the door jam sticker (the one with the VIN, paint codes, dates, etc...). Can I get a replacement from Ford? Anyone know?

Here's a pic.

P7270038.gif

kevin01cobra

Friendly MerShaq
Established Member
If it's a sticker why don't you just try and peel it off as nicely as possible and reglue it on the new door?

SpectorV

Established Member
they will fix the dent if at all possible and paint the quarter panel while its on the car (which sucks, due to overspray... I hope you make them tape it up and then some)

they wont have to paint fully in the door jam so the sticker might be ok.

Farmer-Ted

I pooped a little.
Established Member
Good to know I can get a replacement sticker. According to the shops I talked to they will have to replace the quarter panel because the door jam is crumpled. They said they could never get the sharp edges straight again. Thay also said it is no problem changing the quarter panel, they do it all the time. I'm not a body guy, so all I have to go on is what they tell me.

wildstang_93

Established Member
i have never been able to get the vin stickers from ford . i just cut around the old one , and zerox it and laminate it and glue it back on . i have never been able to get the old one off in one piece .

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
Yeah I had near that exact damage done to my cobra about 5 years ago.

I had it repaired at a Ford dealer and they lifted the tag and put it back on. Now this time later its starting to come off.

jbrown1238

Built on 4-7-03 @ 3:47:15
Established Member
Some guy hit my Cobra in the driver side yesterday. Insurance is taking care of it. They are going to replace the door and rear quarter panel. Of course when the quarter panel is changed I'm going to loose the door jam sticker (the one with the VIN, paint codes, dates, etc...). Can I get a replacement from Ford? Anyone know?

Here's a pic.

P7270038.gif

Yes you can get a new one from Ford. Even if the vehicle is not damaged. It can be difficult finding the right person to order one for you but they are still available with proof of ownership, see photo. Removing one is very difficult as they are created to be permanent.

scan0007.jpg

Farmer-Ted

I pooped a little.
Established Member
I tried to get the old one off with some heat and a razer blade, ain't gonna happen. They are going to cut around it and give it back to me. I also took some high quality digital pics of it.

Users who are viewing this thread