Is liquid cooled 2.8 kenne bell worth it????

MADRUSSIAN

GET FAST OR DIE TRYING!
Established Member
Going to send out my 2.8 kb to get rebuild. Seems like drive bearing ceased and messed up my drive pretty bad. Would like to get the whole unit looked over and rebuild, while it going to be at kb facility, I was thinking maybe adding liquid cooled feature??? Does it really worth it? I'm going to be running killer chiller so not sure how that going to work with lc kb.

Makinghole

Established Member
Going to send out my 2.8 kb to get rebuild. Seems like drive bearing ceased and messed up my drive pretty bad. Would like to get the whole unit looked over and rebuild, while it going to be at kb facility, I was thinking maybe adding liquid cooled feature??? Does it really worth it? I'm going to be running killer chiller so not sure how that going to work with lc kb.

I would chat with Kenne Bell and ask about upgrading to the 3.6LC. See if they will give you a core charge or work a deal for the old supercharger.

Van@RevanRacing

Yes it is worth it. Keeps the oil temperature down and reduces the overall temperature between the front gear case and rear rotor case to a maximum of 200 degrees under high boost. Without LC it can get upwards of 300-400 degrees.

On a side note I would not run a Killer Chiller with the LC system as the Killer Chiller will lower the operating fluid of the fluid in the heat exchanger/intercooler system very low and you do not want 40-50 degree water circulating through the LC system for extended periods of time. Its one thing for it to be that temperature at start up but constantly can cause issues.

Van

MADRUSSIAN

GET FAST OR DIE TRYING!
Established Member
I would chat with Kenne Bell and ask about upgrading to the 3.6LC. See if they will give you a core charge or work a deal for the old supercharger.
I don't think I need more than 2.8 right now, car works well with it, don't want to do new tune

MADRUSSIAN

GET FAST OR DIE TRYING!
Established Member
Yes it is worth it. Keeps the oil temperature down and reduces the overall temperature between the front gear case and rear rotor case to a maximum of 200 degrees under high boost. Without LC it can get upwards of 300-400 degrees.

On a side note I would not run a Killer Chiller with the LC system as the Killer Chiller will lower the operating fluid of the fluid in the heat exchanger/intercooler system very low and you do not want 40-50 degree water circulating through the LC system for extended periods of time. Its one thing for it to be that temperature at start up but constantly can cause issues.

Van
What if I run engine coolant through it instead???

Blackmax

Established Member
There was a kit available to connect up to engine coolant but not sure if it was a Kenne Bell or Van Racing piece. I bought a small B&M radiator and bolted it in behind my heat exchanger then used stock pump and resevoir tank.

MADRUSSIAN

GET FAST OR DIE TRYING!
Established Member
I was thinking about dumping heat exchanger and have just an oversized tank pumping water through killer chiller. Having a small radiator for lc is a good idea, just don't want to have a tank for it.

Blackmax

Established Member
Here's how its bolted up

image_zpsl8nh9fx0.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread