Is my 60' normal

NickG

Established Member
at the track the best 60' i can get is a 2.02... my car is a 2012 mustang gt automatic with 3.73 gears, jlt cai, offroad h pipe and gt500 mufflers with a Bama 93 octane race tune. also running mickey thompson slicks. To me my 60'
should be better. Do is just have to high of expectations? or is something going on? the car is not spinning the tires. thanks for any helps.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
at the track the best 60' i can get is a 2.02... my car is a 2012 mustang gt automatic with 3.73 gears, jlt cai, offroad h pipe and gt500 mufflers with a Bama 93 octane race tune. also running mickey thompson slicks. To me my 60'
should be better. Do is just have to high of expectations? or is something going on? the car is not spinning the tires. thanks for any helps.

how are you launching the car, i would be stalling it as high as you possibly, almost to the point of wheelspin,

you should def be able to do better than 2.02's with your combo

NickG

Established Member
im stalling the car up to about 1200-1500 rpm. I didnt know if going any higher than that would be hard on the car.

NickG

Established Member
i wonder how high i can stall the stock converter up to with the gears?

BlackDragon

Because Race Car...
Established Member
60 is way slow. you might be sticking too good. a little wheelspin may be necessary as you may be bogging.

Try three things. Stall it as high as you can and let her rip, see how that goes.

If not, sit at the line at idle and try to flash the converter as hard as possible. Meaning sit there with your foot off the gas, and stab it as hard and as fast as possible when the light turns green.

If not, try putting more air in your slicks like high teens (~17-18psi). Basically get the tires spinning a little and the rpms up into the meat of the powerband sooner.

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Try flashing the convertor also. If you still don't have any improvement try a few more psi's in the slick.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread