Is steeda working w/ the maker of the IRS cover brace?

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
MidLifeC said:
No No NO!

Just another copy. Ask them what their HP guarantee is.

doesn't matter what they say...they're not honorable enough to be trustworthy anyway :bored:

EVIL1

Get Outa My Way!
Established Member
That looks like junk when compared to the Billetflow,,,, :kaboom:

Fanged03

Established Member
Becareful, I posted about this when I seen it at the PRI show in early december. All I did was talk about it and my post was deleted.

Brent

combatstang

BoOsTaHoLiC
Established Member
Man, so we have RPMoutlet copying billetflow then steeda copied both, and it seems that each copy is worse than the next. Stick with the original, the best, billetflow.

I wonder when LFP will "design" a IRS brace, just like they designed the exact same intercooler tanks as pfabrication.

combatstang

BoOsTaHoLiC
Established Member
THIS IS AN EMAIL I SENT TO STEELA

To whom it may concern:
Re: IRS brace

I just dont get it. You have clearly copied billetflows IRS brace with "your design." Why do you try and pass this product off as your own when you know that all of the innovation and design time was developed by Joe Lynch and Mark Chiapetta and Doug Holloway. I have owned and used my brace from billetflow since 5/04 without one concern.

See here to see your site for the brace. http://www.steeda.com/PR/Products/555-8118/555-8118.htm

See here to see billetflows site with his brace. http://www.billetflow.com/irs_brace.htm

See here as to when this was first developed.http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1051649&postcount=1

My question to you is; why don't you work with billetflow and distribute their product instead of making an ugly copy of it? What's next? Ripping off the next "little guy" that makes an innovative product? Your company has earned the name Steela on most of the svt message boards around. That's sad for a company of your size and supposed stature.

I am sure I wont receive a response to this, but if I do please explain away.

Kind Regards

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
I'm a big fan of MJ and Doug and understand some of the concerns above. But, the new brace from Steeda is made of cast aluminum which is "supposedly" lighter and stronger and possibly an improvement over the original. AND, the Steeda price is $179 + shipping while Dougie has his on sale for $165. If it's a true copy, why would anyone spend $25 more for the Steeda one??? Unless it is an improvement......

dougwg

Established Member
I want to see over 350 different people in here posting cuz thats about how many Braces we have sold.

Tell your friends

Have them tell thier friends

Spread the word about Steala

oh...BTW Steala also copied my Snub Idler Bracket

and what really pisses me off is that another company, who is now a sponsorer of SVTPerformance.com, also ripped me off but I can't talk about them.

combatstang

BoOsTaHoLiC
Established Member
IronTerp said:
I'm a big fan of MJ and Doug and understand some of the concerns above. But, the new brace from Steeda is made of cast aluminum which is "supposedly" lighter and stronger and possibly an improvement over the original. AND, the Steeda price is $179 + shipping while Dougie has his on sale for $165. If it's a true copy, why would anyone spend $25 more for the Steeda one??? Unless it is an improvement......
aluminum is not as strong as steel. Never has been, never will be. It will definately be lighter, but in no way, shape or form stronger.

dougwg

Established Member
IronTerp said:

RPM's is made from Aluminum and while it is lighter, it is NOT as strong.

Steala's is made from Steel and is as strong but looks like shit and will rust pretty fast even though zinc plated. Thiers is 179 + shipping

When I saw this I lowered my price to 165 shipped for the ORIGINAL.

so you will save $14 PLUS SHIPPING! so depending on where you live... you will save anywhere between $20 and $25

hope this helps

umustdv8

Established Member
So, what does this brace do? Does it help stop wheel hop or does it just help stop it from exploding when there is wheel hop?

The Pun

Formerly 10th03cobra
Established Member
I bought mine from Doug when they first came out before I even had the car and I love it. Looks great and works awesome.

dougwg said:
I want to see over 350 different people in here posting cuz thats about how many Braces we have sold.

Tell your friends

Have them tell thier friends

Spread the word about Steala

oh...BTW Steala also copied my Snub Idler Bracket

and what really pisses me off is that another company, who is now a sponsorer of SVTPerformance.com, also ripped me off but I can't talk about them.

The Pun

Formerly 10th03cobra
Established Member
Nice - others should tell Steela what they think of how they stole this design, I did. Support Billetflow and what they have done for us with great cutting edge parts.

You can e-mail them at [email protected]

combatstang said:
THIS IS AN EMAIL I SENT TO STEELA

To whom it may concern:
Re: IRS brace

I just dont get it. You have clearly copied billetflows IRS brace with "your design." Why do you try and pass this product off as your own when you know that all of the innovation and design time was developed by Joe Lynch and Mark Chiapetta and Doug Holloway. I have owned and used my brace from billetflow since 5/04 without one concern.

See here to see your site for the brace. http://www.steeda.com/PR/Products/555-8118/555-8118.htm

See here to see billetflows site with his brace. http://www.billetflow.com/irs_brace.htm

See here as to when this was first developed.http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1051649&postcount=1

My question to you is; why don't you work with billetflow and distribute their product instead of making an ugly copy of it? What's next? Ripping off the next "little guy" that makes an innovative product? Your company has earned the name Steela on most of the svt message boards around. That's sad for a company of your size and supposed stature.

I am sure I wont receive a response to this, but if I do please explain away.

Kind Regards

Users who are viewing this thread