Is steeda working w/ the maker of the IRS cover brace?

dougwg

Established Member
and to answer your question
"Is steeda working w/ the maker of the IRS cover brace?"

F' NO

LCCOBRA

Established Member
Why would anyone choose this... It's fugly

555-7716-4502.jpg

When they can have this for better quality, looks, performance, and durability, and better price! My vote is for Billetflow!

IRS_Girdle01.jpg

Last edited:

Juiced46

I love being Blown
Established Member
That is the ugliest POS i have ever seen. I wouldnt spend $20 on that thing.

I installed Dougs IRS brace last week on a customers car. BYFAR a much better product then Steedas junk copy

1 bad bullitt

Do'in it in the dirt
Established Member
Vandenberg Air Force Base, California, United Stat
LCCOBRA said:
Why would anyone choose this... It's fugly

555-7716-4502.jpg

When they can have this for better quality, looks, performance, and durability, and better price! My vote is for Billetflow!

IRS_Girdle01.jpg

Looking at the pictures side by side, it is obvious they copied the design, but they are not exactly the same. (like the intercooler tanks that LFP coppied from PFAB) There are some distinct differences there. You could not have expected to be the only IRS brace manufactuer for ever?
I still am going to buy Dougs though based on price alone.

umustdv8

Established Member
1 bad bullitt said:
There are some distinct differences there. You could not have expected to be the only IRS brace manufactuer for ever?

Agreed. Doug's looks awesome and I'll buy it soon too. But... I can think of several parts by several companies that make similar parts. Would you guys rather have one company make pulley's, one company make springs, one company make chips, etc., etc., etc???

Personally, I wouldn't. Compitition breeds better products. Monopoly= expensive & lack of innovation.

That's what makes America great... Options!!!!!!

Last edited:

dougwg

Established Member
umustdv8 said:
Agreed. Doug's looks awesome and I'll buy it soon too. But... I can think of several parts by several companies that make similar parts. Would you guys rather have one company make pulley's, one company make springs, one company make chips, etc., etc., etc???

Personally, I wouldn't. Compitition breeds better products. Monopoly= expensive & lack of innovation.

That's what makes America great... Options!!!!!!

:dw: so are you saying that my Brace is inferior? Too expensive? It lacks innovation? :shrug:

unit213

Bone Stock
Established Member
That thing is an abomination. I wouldn't spend $5 on that POS.

You should take this as a compliment Doug. Immitation is the highest form of flattery. Thieving bastards.

Jpjr

Established Member
I just bought Doug's brace yesterday. Great product and I know when I call for support I'll be talking to Doug and not some secretary at Steela.

unit213

Bone Stock
Established Member
Jpjr said:
Great product and I know when I call for support I'll be talking to Doug and not some secretary at Steela.

That's for sure...and he actually stands behind his products. :thumbsup:

umustdv8

Established Member
dougwg said:
:dw: so are you saying that my Brace is inferior? Too expensive? It lacks innovation? :shrug:

Not at all. I just prefer options when it comes to buying anything in life. If I like your product, I'll buy it. If I like someone elses product, I'll buy it instead.

Tell me. How many different brands of cars have you owned and why? :-D

BuffDigits

Bling - Bling
Established Member
Normally I would follow the mob mentality and say the same thing but this time Ill take a different approach.

There cant be only one maker of this brace otherwise there wouldnt be any competition(competition breeds better quality stuff and better prices).

The fact it looks similar, big deal, we know Dougs is better, and lets face it there are only so many different ways to make a brace for it, its unlikely they are going to look radically different. I mean geez, goodyears looks like other tires right?

Frankly if it is a copy its a really bad one as there is only a basic similarity but all the details are different.

jasonc32amg

Established Member
Steeda is laughing all the way to the bank. I've tried to patronize that place a few times but the customer service is crap and their arrogance unreal. If you can cut through the attitude then you realize their prices are just silly. They are marketing guru's though...kids are all over down here with nothing fast about their stangs other than the "Steeda" decals...

The Pun

Formerly 10th03cobra
Established Member
FYI - Here is the response I got form Steela, damn jerks.

Not sure where you got your information. However, when I came to Steeda Autosports last year I brought with me 40 years of racing experience and a large collection of parts that I have designed and raced over the years. Although I cannot say for sure, since I did not know everyone at the dragstrip in Baytown that Saturday night in 1999 when we broke the first IRS assembly, but I am very sure no one from any company, including Billetflow, was in my shop when I designed and built the first one of these IRS braces that next week.

Regards,
William

William R. Mathis
V.P. Manufacturing and Engineering
954-718-6500
www.steeda.com

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, January 10, 2005 8:20 AM
To: William Mathis; Dario Orlando
Subject: FW: IRS Brace

Why would you copy a product that someone else developed? You should have gotten permission or just distributed his product which is way better than your copy. Billetflow developed and made this unit and you stole it.

You companies new name is officially Steela on all the Mustang Forums. Actions like this will do nothing but hurt your rep and cause us to avoid your other products.

umustdv8

Established Member
jasonc32amg said:
They are marketing guru's though...kids are all over down here with nothing fast about their stangs other than the "Steeda" decals...

And boys with EVO's, STi's and other import cars never put stickers on there cars right??? :bash:

jasonc32amg

Established Member
umustdv8 said:
And boys with EVO's, STi's and other import cars never put stickers on there cars right??? :bash:

That wasn't the point...the point was they have idiots buying their stickers as though it somehow complements thier ride. But since you bring it up, there are tackey people that own imports and domestics alike. I'd peronally never put that crap on any of the stangs or imports I've owned.

TrueBlueGT

is impressed!
Established Member
Shit like this makes it very hard to support steeda anymore. I have used their stuff almost exclusively on my 01 gt and now on this cobra and never had any issues w/ them or their products. However, when all I hear is how they stole the design for their full length sfc's from maximum....their idlers and now irs brace from billetflow...and who knows what the hell else from the rest of the world, it makes it damn hard to want to buy their things. It seems to me that they swipe the design, make a half-ass copy (read: cheaper to produce) and then charge roughly the same price for it thereby padding their wallets with it all.
That sucks and is a damn poor way to run a business. I think they just lost a loyal customer from this. I would rather buy the original than the one-off of it.

Users who are viewing this thread