Is the bbk twin 62mm throttle bodie worth the hassle ?

03svtcobracoupe

Established Member
I know the bbk isn't as good as the Drago or billetflow but when we bought our mach 1 it came with a twin 62 . I have a ported Eaton and soon a twin screw but I've been considering adding my 4lb lower and a nice jlt ram air , 60s, and mass air to see what I c8quod get out of this port before I change things up .
Not sure if my plenum is ported or not .... I have ported intakes before for my carb motors so thought about maybe even messing with the bbk. It should work I've heard that the mach Bullitt and 03 throttle bodies all interchange so it should work .

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 2

LordVader04

Established Member
I had one on my car when I brought it to Hermann to tune, and he finally got sick of trying to make it work and put my stocker back on, those things are junk IMO.

03svtcobracoupe

Established Member
Hmmm I've heard that about a lot of them I know a lot of people toss the carb return springs on the to fix that hanging . Just not sure if it's worth more for sale or on my car

03svtcobracoupe

Established Member
Lol its been sitting around for years idk what its even worth. Are the big single blades even worth it on a Eaton or wait till the twin screw to do all that mess

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

LordVader04

Established Member
When I started driving fox bodies bbk was just about the best tb you could buy. I'm not saying at all that the entire company is bad just that particular piece. I haven't found many people that have successfully ran that tb ( again jmo):beer:

03svtcobracoupe

Established Member
I had one on my fox body with no issues I may give it a shot who knows I know almost all of them hang up a little

LordVader04

Established Member
I would say go for the big single, it would probably help the eaton breath a little and you will already have it when you step up to something bigger

LordVader04

Established Member
Hermann could not get the butterflies to seat and it was screwing with the tune, but hey maybe that one will be different.

03svtcobracoupe

Established Member
Yeah I'm not sure... I want to get a dyno tune but I'm not sure its worth the $$$ just for a few months to see what I can get out of the port. Kinda curious I would like before and after #s but dyno tuning is expensive and is that Herman in MD? I'm located in so MD and haven't picked a tuner yet how Much was he?

LordVader04

Established Member
Horsepower by Hermann is located in Beltsville, MD #301-931-3673. He is reasonable, my only problem was that my car had issues that needed corrected before tuning. Hermann fixed everything and my car running flawlessly!

bad93svt

Established Member
I have the bbk twin 65 on my car.. it's been a great throttle body.. no issues here...

Det.Bullitt

Banned
I've never liked anything BBK. I would never put anything on my car with the BBK brand on it even if it were free or came with the car. I've just never been happy with the quality of their products.

03svtcobracoupe

Established Member
I've never liked anything BBK. I would never put anything on my car with the BBK brand on it even if it were free or came with the car. I've just never been happy with the quality of their products.

Looks like I may put it up for sale and use a single blade for the twin screw

01BeansGt

Established Member
I had the bbk tb. I didnt like it at all, I hated the fact the RPMs would hang around 1500. Also when trying to take off the pedal would have a pop, like if the tb was stuck. Now I have a dragon tb going in instead of the bbk.

ProchargedSN-95

Sideways at any speed
Established Member
The 4V BBK tb's are literally hit or miss. I myself have had good luck with the 3 I've owned and my current twin 65 bbk tb is working flawlessly.

Users who are viewing this thread