Is The BRaptor Even a Bronco???

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Ok, to be fair this thread title is a little dig at those GT500 owners who refuse to acknowledge that they are driving around in a Mustang. However, in the ~3,500 miles that I’ve driven my Bronco Raptor you would be surprised by the number of times average people have asked me what the Hell it is. When I say it’s a Bronco they invariably look confused. They then say it doesn’t look like any Bronco they’ve ever seen; and they aren’t wrong.

Ford didn’t do itself by releasing the Bronco Sport before the actual Bronco, leading to confusion among non-car people. However, the difference between a BRaptor and any other model Bronco is far more stark than that between the F-150 Raptor and other F-150 models. The Tonka Truck’esq styling of the BRaptor makes it look more than a Traxxis remote controlled toy than an actual vehicle. Don’t believe me??? Take a look at these pics:

BronCover_Test_Fit_011.jpg
BronCover_Test_Fit_012.jpg
BronCover_Test_Fit_013.jpg

BronCover_Test_Fit_009.jpg
BronCover_Test_Fit_010.jpg
BronCover_Test_Fit_015.jpg

The BRaptor has an almost comical stance compared to other Broncos, and I love it. This thing is easily one of my favorite new Fords. I’m definitely looking forward to continuing to mod it and stack on more miles.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I didn't realize they were so different, as well. I knew the the BRaptor was more aggressive, sat taller and had the WIDE fender flares, but it makes the regular Bronco look so small. I absolute love the look/design of the BRaptor. No way does it go anywhere without turning heads to the point of whiplash. LOL.

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
My one and only complaint is those plastic fender flares. They look so cheesy IMO. Too bad they didn't do wide body fenders instead.

Otherwise, I really like those Bronco Raptors. (y)
Wide body fenders would have looked sick. Like those prerunner old school Broncos.

1992-Ford-Bronco-for-sale-by-Rocky-Roads-3.jpg

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
My one and only complaint is those plastic fender flares. They look so cheesy IMO. Too bad they didn't do wide body fenders instead.

Otherwise, I really like those Bronco Raptors. (y)

Have you seen one in person? It’s hard to tell from pics, but they are not just basic plastic.

Russo

Unofficial Glass Tech
Established Member
i think Ford would have gotten less flack about the Bronco Raptor had they made the exact same vehicle, just called it a Bronco ST..

WVTrakPak

Established Member
Nice pics and it really does look great. I think the flares are obnoxious but I drive a Stang with a Ricer Wing so what do I know.

Do you think the time will ever come when anyone can order a Braptor or a Raptor R? Seems like money is not the only hurdle to cross in owning a special edition Ford these days.

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
Last edited:

q6543

Established Member
Too bad they didn't do wide body fenders instead. (y)

They actually are wider front and rear fenders, by at least an inch or more.

Been getting the new ranger raptors and they have a similar widebody but without the flares.

2020FordRaptor

EcoBoost lover but nothing beats a Trinity!
Established Member
Ok, to be fair this thread title is a little dig at those GT500 owners who refuse to acknowledge that they are driving around in a Mustang. However, in the ~3,500 miles that I’ve driven my Bronco Raptor you would be surprised by the number of times average people have asked me what the Hell it is. When I say it’s a Bronco they invariably look confused. They then say it doesn’t look like any Bronco they’ve ever seen; and they aren’t wrong.

Ford didn’t do itself by releasing the Bronco Sport before the actual Bronco, leading to confusion among non-car people. However, the difference between a BRaptor and any other model Bronco is far more stark than that between the F-150 Raptor and other F-150 models. The Tonka Truck’esq styling of the BRaptor makes it look more than a Traxxis remote controlled toy than an actual vehicle. Don’t believe me??? Take a look at these pics:

View attachment 1768305View attachment 1768306View attachment 1768307
View attachment 1768303View attachment 1768304View attachment 1768309

The BRaptor has an almost comical stance compared to other Broncos, and I love it. This thing is easily one of my favorite new Fords. I’m definitely looking forward to continuing to mod it and stack on more miles.
That's crazy difference. Note that isn't a SAS Bronco though.

Users who are viewing this thread