Is the Trinity still "King of the Hill"???

Cman01

hello
Established Member
The new GT500 is out, there are still specs we are waiting to want to know about the car, so with that said IYO are both cars still at the top of the mountain or does 1 reign supreme over the other???

Tony

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
The new GT500 is out, there are still specs we are waiting to want to know about the car, so with that said IYO are both cars still at the top of the mountain or does 1 reign supreme over the other???

Tony
Wait... the turbo 4v is still king...

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
I have no idea what you are trying to say OP. Fact is the 2020 GT500 is gonna out perform the 13/14 gt500 hands down. The 2020 will be king of the hill as far as mustangs go stock for stock.

Cman01

hello
Established Member
I have no idea what you are trying to say OP. Fact is the 2020 GT500 is gonna out perform the 13/14 gt500 hands down. The 2020 will be king of the hill as far as mustangs go stock for stock.

What's hard to understand re: my OE posting??? Fact is we are still waiting on performance stats and the rest of the specs for the new car. It is too early to say as of right now that car reigns at the top.

If we divert for a sec and talk actual mountains, people climb Everest and some make it and some die. If the new car is actually going to sit at the top of Everest isn't the 13/14 still up there??? If the 13/14 gets dethroned it'll end up on K2, it isn't easier to ascend that hill vs. Everest people still try and die making the ascend to K2.

Back to the cars...…………...what we know right now:

Bigger engine in the 13/14
Still more OEM rated torque for the 13/14
Higher top speed 13/14
MT
Lighter weight

More hp for Predator
larger, more efficient TVS
DCT (X factor)
CF stuff
Better Aero (tech advances forward after a 6 year lull between the launch of the 2 models)
Mag ride (forgot this one in the original posting)

IMO Trinity is not going to be too far down from the top of Everest if the new car takes over it will always be there close to the summit.

Last edited:

RBB

Established Member
It’s delusional to think the 2020 won’t blow the 13/14 away in pretty much any performance stat. 760HP, DCT, and what we have to assume will be great handling. Drag strip, road course....you name it, it’s going to be a big step up in performance even in stock form.

Last edited:

Recon

Established Member
The Predator is the current mustang king. The Trinity is the ultimate/king of the classic muscle car formula regarding mustangs. Big (by today’s standards) V8, stick, sra.

Pick your poison.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
What's hard to understand re: my OE posting??? Fact is we are still waiting on performance stats and the rest of the specs for the new car. It is too early to say as of right now that car reigns at the top.

If we divert for a sec and talk actual mountains, people climb Everest and some make it and some die. If the new car is actually going to sit at the top of Everest isn't the 13/14 still up there??? If the 13/14 gets dethroned it'll end up on K2, it isn't easier to ascend that hill vs. Everest people still try and die making the ascend to K2.

Back to the cars...…………...what we know right now:

Bigger engine in the 13/14
Still more OEM rated torque for the 13/14
Higher top speed 13/14
MT
Lighter weight

More hp for Predator
larger, more efficient TVS
DCT (X factor)
CF stuff
Better Aero (tech advances forward after a 6 year lull between the launch of the 2 models)

IMO Trinity is not going to be too far down from the top of Everest if the new car takes over it will always be there close to the summit.

Are you trying to make a reason not to want or buy a 2020 gt500? The 2013/2014 gt500 are an amazing car. But techtechnology and suspension alone on the 2020 are above and beyond what the 13/14 gt500 is. As of right now the 13/14 gt500 is going down in value. The 03/04 cobras have been staying steady. Time will tell if the 13/14 end up like the 03/04.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
The Predator is the current mustang king. The Trinity is the ultimate/king of the classic muscle car formula regarding mustangs. Big (by today’s standards) V8, stick, sra.

Pick your poison.

So your opinion is the 13/14 is ultimate/king because is has a stick? And currently no 13/14 is considered a classic muscle car even in today's standards.

Because the 2020 technically has not been released to the public i would agree the 13/14 still holds the spot. But thats only for a few months and then it will dethroned pretty easy.

Cman01

hello
Established Member
I'm interested in getting a 2020 GT500 once I see all the specs and the performance data, my 1 big issue is the weight and I am very interested in knowing what that will be. Are you getting one??? If I go it's all the way...…….full load CF TP everything except striping (was never a fan of that, solid colours work for me).

For me to get a 2020 I would need to can both my cars (current 13 and my Z06), I've done too many mods to the Shelby and still have mods sitting in the closet and currently not really in the mood to !mod the car before selling if I do.

I'm actually more interested in getting a C7 ZR1, but that's not happening as I can't find an allocation where I am because it's too late for one ordered to my specs.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
I'm interested in getting a 2020 GT500 once I see all the specs and the performance data, my 1 big issue is the weight and I am very interested in knowing what that will be. Are you getting one??? If I go it's all the way...…….full load CF TP everything except striping (was never a fan of that, solid colours work for me).

For me to get a 2020 I would need to can both my cars (current 13 and my Z06), I've done too many mods to the Shelby and still have mods sitting in the closet and currently not really in the mood to !mod the car before selling if I do.

I'm actually more interested in getting a C7 ZR1, but that's not happening as I can't find an allocation where I am because it's too late for one ordered to my specs.

I would love to get a 2020 gt500. But right now that is not in the cards for me. I would more than likey end up getting a used one 5-7yrs from now but will see. Like you i have modded my 2008 gt500 and enjoy when i drive it. Im not ready to sell mine.

Recon

Established Member
So your opinion is the 13/14 is ultimate/king because is has a stick? And currently no 13/14 is considered a classic muscle car even in today's standards.

Because the 2020 technically has not been released to the public i would agree the 13/14 still holds the spot. But thats only for a few months and then it will dethroned pretty easy.

No, not because it has a stick, because it follows the formula. I mentioned it because it was the transmission used until the auto was proven better in racing. I didn’t say it was classic muscle car, I said it followed the formula of a classic muscle car. Will it become a classic? Most likely. With the data presented for the Predator it doesn’t take a rocket scientist to figure out it will eclipse the Trinity. Being it has more power, more modern engine (Coyote based), bigger brakes, better suspension, better down force, and quicker shifting transmission. The only thing the Predator doesn’t have going for it is probably it weighs more than the Trinity. We won’t know for certain in that department until it’s official release. The top speed would go to the Trinity as well but I’d venture to say not many people do top speed runs as often.

Pick your poison.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
No, not because it has a stick, because it follows the formula. I mentioned it because it was the transmission used until the auto was proven better in racing. I didn’t say it was classic muscle car, I said it followed the formula of a classic muscle car. Will it become a classic? Most likely. With the data presented for the Predator it doesn’t take a rocket scientist to figure out it will eclipse the Trinity. Being it has more power, more modern engine (Coyote based), bigger brakes, better suspension, better down force, and quicker shifting transmission. The only thing the Predator doesn’t have going for it is probably it weighs more than the Trinity. We won’t know for certain in that department until it’s official release. The top speed would go to the Trinity as well but I’d venture to say not many people do top speed runs as often.

Pick your poison.

My guess is the top speed goes to the 13/14 because is was tested to do 200mph. The 2020 maybe the dct that is the limiting factor for top speed. But we dont know for sure. Since the 2020 is better aerodynamic you would think that the top speed would be higher.

Users who are viewing this thread