Is the Trinity still "King of the Hill"???

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Trinity is a badass machine but obviously not the top dog mustang anymore.... the new Shelby will out do it in every metric.

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
+1 to all of this.

+1 to your first point.

As for ADM vs MSRP... Now, as in 2012 (when I took delivery of my 2013), new ones CAN be found for MSRP, but it takes time and effort to find decent dealers. I spent the time/effort then because I really wanted the car. While the new one's capabilities are likely to be impressive, I have no desire for one for a few reasons - S550 styling, no stick and only two pedals, and price.

Just wait until 2021 and a stick is an option and the HP gets bumped to 780+...........The DCT and 760HP will be forgotten about rather quickly as "old news"..........<<<That kind of stuff happens all of the time in the performance car world and the guys who paid ADM's are scrambling to cut their huge loss.

R

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Mustang has finally caught up with gen5?

Didn’t say that... I said finally evolved to be what the old ZL1 was, which was, the baddest all around performing muscle car of its time.

COOL COBRA

Hell Yes!
Established Member
Just wait until 2021 and a stick is an option and the HP gets bumped to 780+...........The DCT and 760HP will be forgotten about rather quickly as "old news"..........<<<That kind of stuff happens all of the time in the performance car world and the guys who paid ADM's are scrambling to cut their huge loss.

R
Yep. Remember when the KR came out w/550HP? Then, the next year 550HP was standard in the base GT500?

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member

R
A 780hp stick 500 still gets drug by a 760hp DCT car.
-J

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
What modern DCTs have you driven?
After a certain weight (and I think weight is the more important variable) and power, the conventional manual just loses its fun.
I’m a die hard stick guy, but even I know the DCT is a better choice here.
-J

Norton

Long-time SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
I'm not arguing the stick is "better" in objectively measurable way(s). I accept that modern DCTs turn faster times at the strip. I simply prefer driving a stick with three pedals.

Most of the ongoing debates are like arguing whether the S197 or S550 platform looks better, or whether Coke or Pepsi tastes better. The answers are individual, based on personal preferences, and no amount of "reasoning" will change that - each of us knows what we "like."

Last edited:

Dusten

Established Member

R

What manual is ford putting in it?

merkyworks

Established Member
Most of the ongoing debates are like arguing asking whether the S197 or S550 platform looks better, or whether Coke or Pepsi tastes better. The answers are individual, based on personal preferences, and no amount of "reasoning" will change that - each of us knows what we "like."

I wouldn't even call this an argument or even debate worthy, cause clearly S197 is better than S550 and Coke is better than Pepsi. ;)

But lets really get serious, the best all around car would be a S197 GT500 chassis with the new 2020 GT500 engine and DCT....boom!

Unless Ford partners with GM to use the C7 Corvette M7 trans my guess would be some versions of a TR6060.

Dusten

Established Member
I wouldn't even call this an argument or even debate worthy, cause clearly S197 is better than S550 and Coke is better than Pepsi. ;)

But lets really get serious, the best all around car would be a S197 GT500 chassis with the new 2020 GT500 engine and DCT....boom!

Unless Ford partners with GM to use the C7 Corvette M7 trans my guess would be some versions of a TR6060.
A trans they havent used in 5-6 years.
Have no testing with in this platform.
Didnt shift well at high rpms

Doubtful

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member

Looking forward to mega 2nd gear lock out in my $80k car with this mythical application.

COOL COBRA

Hell Yes!
Established Member
If a guy was using the car in competition, yes he'd have to have all the millisecond shifting advantages and everything else.
But for a non-competition driver, it's all about the fun factor. Hell I still have a blast pushing Terminators around & they're primates in comparison to the S197.
And they still look good. Another part of the puzzle for a car to be in my garage. Looks.

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member

I have no idea what is (and has been) in development at Ford, but a better current question is......What can the DCT handle for power mods? We are currently at 760HP, it is not unreasonable to think that a minimum of 150HP could be added by an owner once the aftermarket gets up to speed, will the DCT be up to that task...........900+HP?

I don't remember what the 900 and 1000HP optioned Super Snakes have for a 6 speed, or the Shelby 1000, but I have not heard owners over on Team Shelby discussing how their 6 speed manual (probably a variation, maybe modded of the TR-6060) have been coming apart. For that matter, I have heard no complaints from any 2013/14 850HP Super Snake owner either and that is the oem Ford TR-6060..........So in reality, it may have continued on into the 900 and 1000HP optioned cars with only a clutch and shifter upgrade?

If a variation of the current 6 speed will hold the power, I can't see why a bell housing couldn't be retro'ed to the S550............or a completely new box with more manual gears.

That is one of the main things I have heard people on these forums complain about.......No manual option.......as was mentioned above......for the fun of it, not to mention more driver interaction.

R

Dusten

Established Member
I have no idea what is (and has been) in development at Ford, but a better current question is......What can the DCT handle for power mods? We are currently at 760HP, it is not unreasonable to think that a minimum of 150HP could be added by an owner once the aftermarket gets up to speed, will the DCT be up to that task...........900+HP?

I don't remember what the 900 and 1000HP optioned Super Snakes have for a 6 speed, or the Shelby 1000, but I have not heard owners over on Team Shelby discussing how their 6 speed manual (probably a variation, maybe modded of the TR-6060) have been coming apart. For that matter, I have heard no complaints from any 2013/14 850HP Super Snake owner either and that is the oem Ford TR-6060..........So in reality, it may have continued on into the 900 and 1000HP optioned cars with only a clutch and shifter upgrade?

R

I never said they'd come apart. The t6060 was known for high rpm lock out. This gt500 spins more rpm than any gt500 prior.

The 15-16 super snakes had the mt82 or an auto.

Users who are viewing this thread