Is there Plagiarism on forums?

boatcop1

Established Member
LOL, Well for lack of a better word. It seems to happen A LOT, someone will comment on a thread and then within 2 min the very next comment from a different user is almost identical just wordsmithed a bit?

Obviously I'm bored this morning but just something I have noticed lately on alot of boards.

svtsmo

^ FTW
Established Member
I feel most of it is people not reading the entire thread and commenting on the topic. I am sometimes guilty of this on a few occasions when posting from my iphone. The rest is people trying to post whore!

Jack Burton

Established Member
LOL, Well for lack of a better word. It seems to happen A LOT, someone will comment on a thread and then within 2 min the very next comment from a different user is almost identical just wordsmithed a bit?

Obviously I'm bored this morning but just something I have noticed lately on alot of boards.

CobraBob'd?

1QUICK10TH

Just A GT
Established Member
It's definitely people not reading the whole thread, which I am guilty of when I'm on my cell phone, but there are a few trying to get there post count up.

Last edited:

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
I feel most of it is people not reading the entire thread and commenting on the topic. I am sometimes guilty of this on a few occasions when posting from my iphone. The rest is people trying to post whore!

:banana:I agree with this and I am guilty of not reading an entire thread on occasion as well.

Guy Fawkes

Established Member
Yeah im not sure though. I dont really ever see purposeful copying. I think its probably people like me that dont read the whole thread and just post. Maybe a lot of people use their cell phones? That or just post whores.

Last edited:

chrisheltra

Established Member
Ive had a few times where I posted something in a thread and then went in another thread Ive never been to and read the exact same thing I posted. The last time involved unicorn farts.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Dont see how its plagarism.

Quoting or agreeing with a person by repeating almost the same thought is not plagarism.

Now copy/pasting a article into a post and not giving credit to said article is. This happens often in forum arguments/quote wars.

Maybe if OP could post links of examples.....

Guy Fawkes

Established Member

Quoting or agreeing with a person by repeating almost the same thought is not plagarism.

Now copy/pasting a article into a post and not giving credit to said article is. This happens often in forum arguments/quote wars.

SN95StangMan

Established Member
In my own words this is how I see it

Last edited:

James Snover

The Ill-Advised Physics Amplification Co
Established Member
Premium Member
Is there Plagiarism on forums?

TrueBlueGT

is impressed!
Established Member
Yeah im not sure though. I dont really ever see purposeful copying. I think its probably people like me that dont read the whole thread and just post. Maybe a lot of people use their cell phones? That or just post whores.

greenstang1313

back in black
Established Member
This is how I see it in my own words...

Users who are viewing this thread