Is this for real?

Malern28us

Established Member
Premium Member
Are you ****ing kidding me?

He spit, so you go all Floyd Mayweather on him?

Kid gonna get paid, and she deserves a long jail sentence.

Only in Atlanta.

EMT seen on video beating restrained 17-year-old boy
What would you do if someone spit on you?
Not actually being there and working in the medical field its hard to judge.
I know if you spit on RN's or EMT's around here, you get a "hoodie" and actually run into things like doorways, walls and elbows.
The spitting usually stops immediately...

Never_Enough

Established Member
Can't just spit on people & have no consequences, but she may have gone too far.

Zemedici

Established Member
Have plenty of friends who are EMTs and spitting is a routine occurrence, as Hudson said above with RNs. It comes with the job.

Yes he should not have spit.

Considering she was arrested and immediately fired, gonna go out on a limb and say assault isn’t the correct ‘consequence’ hahahahaha

08mojo

Established Member
I like the interview of the kid's parents, "no human being deserves to be treated like that." So, the EMT is trying to help your child and he spits on the EMT? On top of that the EMT is a woman. Good parenting right there, hard to believe the child was in a predicament where he had to be restrained while riding in an ambulance... My dad would have whooped my ass for spitting on a woman, under any circumstance, and especially for spitting on someone trying to help me...

Zemedici

Established Member
I like the interview of the kid's parents, "no human being deserves to be treated like that." So, the EMT is trying to help your child and he spits on the EMT? On top of that the EMT is a woman. Good parenting right there, hard to believe the child was in a predicament where he had to be restrained while riding in an ambulance... My dad would have whooped my ass for spitting on a woman, under any circumstance, and especially for spitting on someone trying to help me...

Absolutely, but spit =/= assault

nofire

Sooner#65
Established Member
As a professional, her response should have been to let the law handle it. THAT is the repercussion. Not "go Mayweather" on someone who's completely restrained. What she did is absolutely assault and battery and should be punished as such.

04svtsnke

Established Member
Think again
Spitting, whilst not considered as a serious act of violence against another person, is still considered as an assault against that person. Since spitting is considered as a criminal offence, being common assault, you can apply any of the applicable criminal law defences that are available in other criminal offences.
As a professional, her response should have been to let the law handle it. THAT is the repercussion. Not "go Mayweather" on someone who's completely restrained. What she did is absolutely assault and battery and should be punished as such.
May weather doesn’t throw random haymakers. This chick lost her mind. May weather would’ve knocked the kid out with a precise punch to the temple.

Zemedici

Established Member
Think again

May weather doesn’t throw random haymakers. This chick lost her mind. May weather would’ve knocked the kid out with a precise punch to the temple.

You're not understanding me.

Him spitting does not warrant a professional assaulting him. Spit can be considered assault, but it does not warrant her attacking him like that. He's restrained multiple times, and in a stretcher headed for an evaluation, which leads someone to believe he's got some mental issues going on.

As stated above, she would still be employed, and not facing criminal charges, had she just let the LEO that were right there do their jobs.....

crazy concept, I know, this 'Logic' thing. Seems to escape most people nowadays.

08mojo

Established Member

Him spitting does not warrant a professional assaulting him. Spit can be considered assault, but it does not warrant her attacking him like that. He's restrained multiple times, and in a stretcher headed for an evaluation, which leads someone to believe he's got some mental issues going on.

As stated above, she would still be employed, and not facing criminal charges, had she just let the LEO that were right there do their jobs.....

crazy concept, I know, this 'Logic' thing. Seems to escape most people nowadays.

I completely agree, the woman reacted in a stupid way. I just have no sympathy for the kid at all (unless it turns out he has a true mental illness).

04svtsnke

Established Member
Just out of curiosity, what would you do if someone spit on you?
This. I’m not justifying what she did but I understand where her feelings were when it happened leading to her reaction. I feel no remorse for that child.

I’m not disagreeing with anything you said previously except the fact that spitting is considered assault and her response to it(even being a professional) imo isn’t too surprising.

_Snake_

Established Member

Yes it does.

If a patient spit on my wife while she’s treating them, they don’t have to worry about being assaulted by a professional. I’d be on my way down to ensure they had an extended stay.

Users who are viewing this thread