Is this legal?

Farmer-Ted

I pooped a little.
Established Member
Can the city tell you where and where you cannot drive on a public road? This in my neighborhood. it's a straight through road, no dead ends or gated communities or anything like that.

sign.gif

silver03svt

Official Snowflake Melting Machine
Established Member
Provided they have an applicable ordinance, then yes.

Taylor_SVT

Is that a Phantom nicka?
Established Member
whoever thought of even making a sign like that needs to be curb stomped lmfao. thats like the US making there not be one foreign person in this country lol

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
looking at the road i dont know who would want to drive down there unless they lived out there

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
looking at the road i dont know who would want to drive down there unless they lived out there
it is a straight through roads. neighborhoods like that get all kinds of traffic short cutting between one or more roads and the ones doing the short cutting are never considerate of the neighborhood they are driving through. they speed through them like they were on a major highway.

Farmer-Ted

I pooped a little.
Established Member
it is a straight through roads. neighborhoods like that get all kinds of traffic short cutting between one or more roads and the ones doing the short cutting are never considerate of the neighborhood they are driving through. they speed through them like they were on a major highway.

There is no speeding in that area. Speed bumps every 40 ft that will rip the bottom off you car. How do they tell who is local? I live on the next street over - Am I local? If I lived 4 streets down, am I still local there?

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
There is no speeding in that area. Speed bumps every 40 ft that will rip the bottom off you car. How do they tell who is local? I live on the next street over - Am I local? If I lived 4 streets down, am I still local there?

and why do you think the speed bumps were put there? maybe to prevent speeding? that road was not meant for rush hour traffic and usually that signage and those speed bumps are to discourage rush hour traffic. I would say if your street turns off that road you would be considered local. some neighborhoods have a neighborhood sticker for those considered local to put on their cars.

Farmer-Ted

I pooped a little.
Established Member
and why do you think the speed bumps were put there? maybe to prevent speeding? that road was not meant for rush hour traffic and usually that signage and those speed bumps are to discourage rush hour traffic. I would say if your street turns off that road you would be considered local. some neighborhoods have a neighborhood sticker for those considered local to put on their cars.

I moved in in 2002 and the speed bumps were already there. The sign is only a week old so there has not been a speeding problem for over a decade. I have to go down to about 10 mph over the bumps. People still try to speed but they are few and far between. They are bad enough i have personally seen 3 trailers unhitched from trucks and one large air compressor get airborn out the back of a work truck. I can see saying local only parking but to exclude private citizens from a public road seems over the top. I guess it's to divert drivers to other smaller streets.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
Local traffic signs are meant to preclude thoroughfare traffic. It does not mean only local residents can use the roads. It basically is meant to prevent surface roads from being used to avoid traffic on the main roads.

Users who are viewing this thread