Is this tranny filter for the stock or 4x4 offroad pan?

Andre

Autobahn Dept.
Established Member
Have it laying around and a friend needs one for the stock pan.

I think it´s for the 4x4 pan but i don´t know exactly.

# PA66-GF33

He also needs tranny oil what i have. But 11 quarts should be not enough for the oil change right?
Should be 17 quarts with all lines....

How many quarts have to be filled up after letting the tranny oil out?

Thanks for the help!

P1070659.JPG

André

Last edited:

NIT2WN

torque junky
Established Member
I think it's for a stock pan, for 4x4 the pick up tupe on it should be longer. Not sure on the amount of fluid but I would have 15 quarts on hand to start with and maybe a buddy with their car around in case I needed more,

Mondo1

Established Member
I think it's for a stock pan, for 4x4 the pick up tupe on it should be longer. Not sure on the amount of fluid but I would have 15 quarts on hand to start with and maybe a buddy with their car around in case I needed more,

+1 That looks like the stock one.

Mondo1

Established Member
Here's the thing. Check the part #. Worst case senerio, if it is the 4x4 and you can't return it, do what I did . Cut down the p/up tube 1 inch. But it does look like a stock one from here.

02_lightning_NP

Air Assault
Established Member
its a 4x4 one, i tried to use it with my deep sump pan and it doesnt work trust me, dont use it even though it doesnt look like a long snout it will catch the bottm of a deep sump pan and not suck up enough fluid.

Mondo1

Established Member
its a 4x4 one, i tried to use it with my deep sump pan and it doesnt work trust me, dont use it even though it doesnt look like a long snout it will catch the bottm of a deep sump pan and not suck up enough fluid.

Its funny how the 4x4 filter works with the lesser capacity 4x4 pan and not the larger capacity pans. reason is the larger pans have a larger diameter. My B&M pan requires the factory filter. All you need to do is either get one or find out the length of the p/u tube and cut it down like I did. Thats the only differance between the two.

Users who are viewing this thread