• Welcome to SVTPerformance!
ATTENTION!
You may experience intermittent issues while accessing the site over the next 60-90 minutes, as we perform maintenance and upgrades.

is your front bumper missing spray on the verticle bar?

Discussion in 'Terminator Talk' started by choate, Apr 19, 2017.

1. choate

choate Drive with a sparkling glove on your shift hand Established Member

I was admiring the old girl the other day walking towards it, and noticed something that really p1ssed me off. The person that sprayed my front bumper missed about 60% of the edges of the vertical part that runs from where the air is let to the intercooler on the lower bumper. The front bumper was resprayed at one point and it looked brand new but I just noticed this. This was done when the PO had the car in another state. I can post a pic later but just seems to be painter neglect. Don't shoot me but I'm thinking about getting some dupi-color SB pearl and hitting the sides of it b/c it just bugs me that you can see the primer on an otherwise beautiful paint job. Anybody else have this on their car where they missed the sides of the vertical bar in the lower bumper? It bugs me just thinking about it

Last edited: Apr 19, 2017
    jedeyeben likes this.
  2. 50hoes

50hoes Member Established Member

If it really bothers you just get it repainted. No point temporarily fixing it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. cmac29

cmac29 Member Established Member

#ocdlife #addlife I'm in the same club. I hit a cat on the way to work one morning. Paid the extra money to have GEICOs recommended shop fix it. I can tell where it was cracked still and it kills me thinking about it. They claimed only after market nose clips were available so it was best to repair mine. However if I had a paint booth I could have fixed it better myself.

Sent from my SM-N920V using the svtperformance.com mobile app

4. choate

I bet nobody would ever know the difference. it's only on the sides of the bars. Like 3 inches worth. I'm gonna tape the rest off and just hit it real quick. Even if the paint doesn't match 100% you won't be able to tell. I didn't notice the gray until last weekend and I've washed the car like 6 or 7 times since Fall

5. Black Gold 380R

Black Gold 380R Multiple SVT Collector Established Member

I agree with you Choate. It's in a location that most people really do not pay attention to and the sun really does not reflect in that area.

I say if you hit it with rattle can or airbrush SB and then wet sand and buff, no one will ever be the wiser. Just mask the surrounding areas really well and I would even remove the bumper to get in there and to keep over spray off your car.

Take some before and after pics for us.

6. choate

Here is before. Its like that on the other side of it and the same on the other bar too. Not the end of the world but a professional painter shouldn't have missed it in my opinion. Just sprayed from the front only

20170419_160512_zpsqa5apav2.gif

Sent from my SCH-I545 using the svtperformance.com mobile app

7. Blueline

Blueline Active Member Established Member

Yeah that would drive me nuts, take it back if it bothers you.

8. 03 Indy Cobra

03 Indy Cobra Well-Known Member Established Member

Yeah, That would bother me also. Like Blueline said, take it back to the place that painted it. I would think if they saw that they would offer to fix it if they stand behind their work.

9. choate

Probably. I don't know who painted it. The PO had it done. He's 4 hours away so that's not really an option. I think I can just spray that part of it and clean it up no problem as long as the rest of it is masked off. I think i'm going to paint the underside of the hook also. The black mat has been removed and under it looks just like the pic I posted. That might be like that from the factory though idk b/c it's covered up usually

10. choate

Looking at your name as a matter of fact the car came from Greenfield IN. If you are in Indy you know where that's at

11. 03cobra#694

03cobra#694 I Have LL’s Hammer Staff Member Super Moderator

This car and you...

12. choate

If it wasn't for me lately, you wouldn't have anything new to read while drinking your beers :D

13. 03cobra#694

03cobra#694 I Have LL’s Hammer Staff Member Super Moderator

Lol