It took 40 years...

rwleonard

Established Member
When I was 15 (now 55) I worked in my uncle's gas station. My cousin was the mechanic and drove a '70 Mach I with a 428 CJ. Man, I thought that thing was it! Those were the only cars that ever did anything for me, everything else was just a way to get from A to B. I didn't have much growing up, and I kinda wrote off ever actually owning a car like that, but 40 years of even half-assed savings adds up, and I now have a 2013 GT500 that I absolutely love. I like the updated '70's styling, the sound, the power, everything! But, as much as I love it, the mods have begun! My dad was that way, too, and I can't even buy a Glock without doing something to it. Anyway, glad to be here, learning a lot and having a hell of a lot of fun!

04MysticCobra

Established Member
Excellent story and congrats but where are the pics of the new to you 2013 GT500. What color combo?

rwleonard

Established Member
Thanks guys. It's black over black. I'll have to figure out how to post pics. I had Ford put 3.73's in it while doing some warranty work on the rear end, FRPP L-Springs, upgraded sway bars, just ordered some BMR parts from Revan. CAI's, TB's, headers and such next.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Thanks guys. It's black over black. I'll have to figure out how to post pics. I had Ford put 3.73's in it while doing some warranty work on the rear end, FRPP L-Springs, upgraded sway bars, just ordered some BMR parts from Revan. CAI's, TB's, headers and such next.
First, welcome to SVTPerformance and congratulations on buying your black on black '13 GT-500. I wish you the best with it.

Next, posting photos is SO easy here. Simply do a copy/paste. Find your photo on your hard drive, COPY it, and then PASTE it in your post. No need to use a hosting service here! ;)

Users who are viewing this thread