It was between a C7Z06 and a Gen 3 Viper.Came home with this

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Sweet ride and color. I was on the fence ILE or Redeye Challenger....... My only hang up was the tiny blower it comes with. A Whipple 3.0 is needed with that imo.

Wish I chose the 1LE to be honest just because of how it handles but my Redeye is pretty fast now with bolt-ons. Just doesnt handle that well but at 4400 lbs I guess its not supposed to lol.

nrmustang

Established Member
Looks cool. Have fun. Question: the somewhat limited visibility from inside isn't bothersome?
I literally just bought the same car. 2018 ZL1 A10 Hyper blue metallic as the OP. Currently also have a 2014 GT500. And to answer your question: NOPE, the visibility reputation these have is unwarranted in my opinion. VERY quickly got used to the taller belt line. B and C pillars aren’t as bad as some complain they are.

Love this car.

Shadow Grey 03

Established Member
I do really like the ZL1s. That color is amazing too. Not sure I would have gotten it over the other 2, but I wasn't there and I'm not you. If the deal was good, that's still a hell of a car. Enjoy it.

OneSlowV

Established Member
Sweet ride and color. I was on the fence ILE or Redeye Challenger....... My only hang up was the tiny blower it comes with. A Whipple 3.0 is needed with that imo.

Wish I chose the 1LE to be honest just because of how it handles but my Redeye is pretty fast now with bolt-ons. Just doesnt handle that well but at 4400 lbs I guess its not supposed to lol.

That little blower has been 8s now I believe with port work . Though I did see a redeye run a 9.2x@147 with just tune , e85 and pulley drag pack . Pretty impressive for a tank . Nice color op

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

T76 Mach

Established Member
I do really like the ZL1s. That color is amazing too. Not sure I would have gotten it over the other 2, but I wasn't there and I'm not you. If the deal was good, that's still a hell of a car. Enjoy it.
The deal was one of those "you're stupid if dont" kind of deals.So at this point I Did it as more of a investment or at least thats what I told the wife :cool:.I still have my eye on a C6 ZR-1 and will continue to watch the Viper market do its thing.

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
I did see one guy going that fast but thats a gutted race car. I have not seen anyone else do it tho. A Redeye with a ported blower, cam, headers, E85 will go low low 9's at about 150 mph.

The Redeye weighs 500 lbs more than the 1LE tho so pretty impressive for being so dam heavy.

That little blower has been 8s now I believe with port work . Though I did see a redeye run a 9.2x@147 with just tune , e85 and pulley drag pack . Pretty impressive for a tank . Nice color op

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app
IMG_1986.jpeg
IMG_2121.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread