Its been awhile but here are my most recent mods

Soap

Established Member
You send them your Intercooler not heat exchanger. They send two 1” barbs so you can weld onto your H/E and have all 1” fittings

Troy,

You are right, that is what most people do but I think Justin does offer the option of welding the fittings onto the H/E for you if the customer does not have access to a welder. So in that case, yes you would send both IC and H/E.

--Joe

fitforspeed

Established Member
The team at Steeda has treated me properly. I sent them my K-member back along with my MM A-arms. They told me right away something was off with the new K-member they sent me.

Yesterday I received an email saying that it was shipping out today and everything fits like it should from the factory. Moral of the story guys, don't make high quality parts fit when they are advertised to fit like OEM. Contact the manufacturer and give them the opportunity to fix their product improving it for the community. Steeda is TOP NOTCH in my book. Thanks guys!

Well how about that. Glad to see Steeda fixed up the a-arm fitment issue for you. My post we’re simply offering the fix that Steeda themselves used on my car when they installed it. Guess they should have realized the problem when they were installing it and fixed it so others like you would have not had to deal with it. I guess that’s what happens sometimes when people don’t take the time to fix the issue and just work around it. Looks like I’m going to need to contact them also and see about getting the right fix for this issue. Now I can see why Steeda wasn’t able to get the alignment back in spec afterwards as the control arms are probably shifted outside of spec.

SVT_Troy

Established Member
Well how about that. Glad to see Steeda fixed up the a-arm fitment issue for you. My post we’re simply offering the fix that Steeda themselves used on my car when they installed it. Guess they should have realized the problem when they were installing it and fixed it so others like you would have not had to deal with it. I guess that’s what happens sometimes when people don’t take the time to fix the issue and just work around it. Looks like I’m going to need to contact them also and see about getting the right fix for this issue. Now I can see why Steeda wasn’t able to get the alignment back in spec afterwards as the control arms are probably shifted outside of spec.

Not trying to throw jabs at all. I applaud anyone that can make parts work which is apart of the modding world we love. The modification you did looks professional in my opinion. With that said I have experienced my fair share of issues over the years. Most of the times it was self induced coming from modding parts to make them work. With paying so much for this K-member knowing it should fit like OEM I refused to accept it not fitting as advertised.

Modifying suspension parts takes knowledge to do correctly with respect to proper alignment and geometry. Thats something places like Steeda and MM spend alot of time to get right and also why i usually don't like mixing different brand parts together. Not once did Steeda try and point the finger at MM for their arms not fitting so i was happy with that. I'm extremely happy with them fixing the problem and wanted it to be known so people know that there is an option other than "making it work."

whitedevil95

@the03cobro
Established Member
It all made sense to me. Especially when you spend that kind of money on a k member you expect it work as desired without having to mod it.

SVT_Troy

Established Member
I just got back and working on the car again. I may be the only fool with Justin's mod and a engine bay tank but here it is.

40419680295_b6ff73eb04_o.jpg
IMG_7775

39505839050_cb44ec61da_o.jpg
IMG_7776

It can be done with a stock crossover but it is tight....

27443032668_5da53f99fa_o.jpg
IMG_7777

Tight period, look how much clearance i have between the pulley.

40419680685_c2eae07efc_o.jpg
IMG_7772

SVT_Troy

Established Member
So ideally you want to eliminate all the fittings you can, run no 90 degree fittings etc.

For the time being I am still running a killer chiller and H/E with a 1" ball valve to switch between the two. This is where my major restrictions are. I know it and wanted to try it out anyway. Next yea I plan on ditching the killer chiller and going with the gt500 H/E setup and getting rid of all fittings. Before this I plan on checking the flow and posting where its currently at.

With that said i went through my 1" fittings and bored them all out. I even did it to the brass 90° that i had to use.

Justin's 1" barb (.810")
27443033508_960fb31ca7_o.jpg
IMG_1888

stock brass 1" barb (.738)
40419680835_32204634e8_o.jpg
IMG_3340

brass barb opened up (.817")
40419680965_4c09b890ff_o.jpg
IMG_2850

90° brass fitting opened up

40419681095_20c03d604b_o.jpg
IMG_1351

My rats nest

40419680455_656eeef17e_o.jpg
IMG_7778

IllCobra

Established Member
Man, that's a nice setup.

Where did you get that crossover tube? I've seen a few pics from other members with the same thing. Looks a lot nicer than the cut hose for the head cooling mod.

SVT_Troy

Established Member
Man, that's a nice setup.

Where did you get that crossover tube? I've seen a few pics from other members with the same thing. Looks a lot nicer than the cut hose for the head cooling mod.

Thanks a lot. I just had a barb welded to the one piece. Nothing crazy custom at all. I was even too lazy to get he whole thing blasted and re-powder coated. I just touched it up with a rattle can.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

SVT_Troy

Established Member
So I finally opened up my the new replacement Steeda K-member. The A-arms fit perfectly. No hammering, lubing or forcing them in at all. This is the way they are supposed to come. As long as it bolts up perfectly I will be 100% happy with Steeda.

27456091388_bb3d6a7aef_o.jpg
IMG_7784

41328372191_cb0ec25de8_o.jpg
IMG_7785

SVT_Troy

Established Member
Here are Maximum Motorsports newest version coilovers. I have not seen these posted or advertised yet. They were released at the beginning of the year. The biggest indicator would be the color change. The upgrades/changes that I noticed are improved collar and threaded sleeve. I am unsure if they adjusted valving or anything else.

41328372951_ba35c2733d_o.jpg
IMG_7768

41328371911_0a8754c86e_o.jpg
IMG_7786

SVT_Troy

Established Member
Iv'e finally started the Steeda K-member install.

First up are my peeling and rusted MM CC plates. I disassembled them and sent them off to the powder coaters. The bearings are teflon lined bearings, one of them had a small amount of axial play so I called MM and ordered two new bearings and the stickers. Really easy to remove, a lock ring on the back then press them out. Replacements cost me about $50 shipped. Better than ordering a new set. The powder coating should not cost that much.

40860320824_a767ed77e8_o.jpg
IMG_7894

Cant wait to get this on. My oil pan has had a slow leak so i dropped it to replace the GT500 o-ringed windage tray. I will snap a pic of that tomorrow.

39763192160_7d3d226f07_o.jpg
IMG_7899

My new MT ET street R's which will be my new street drag radial replacing the old MT ET street radial II's.

40860320214_e850b8df5f_o.jpg
IMG_7898

mark23svt

Established Member
AWEsome bro, quick question I plan on using the stock arms, you think they will bolt on as easy as yours did (Ofcourse considering they send the right unit). Thanks

SVT_Troy

Established Member
AWEsome bro, quick question I plan on using the stock arms, you think they will bolt on as easy as yours did (Ofcourse considering they send the right unit). Thanks

I checked the Steeda K with the stock A-arms and they also fit perfectly once they sent me a good K.

Users who are viewing this thread