It's Complete......Sharpie Mustang

jacob517

GOT SHARPIE?
Established Member
Update The car is featured in the July 2013 MM&FF (Co-cover) . It's an awesome feeling!:D

I got my car back Friday from "Pinstripe Chris" I had him complete the work he started last year. I really like 2-tone cars so I decided to put a twist on it. Over 60 hours of Chris drawing on the car with "SHARPIE" then he clears it, Now I gotta clean it up for the "Ocean city Rod Run show".:banana:

Pinstripe Chris: The Sharpie Mustang Part 13 FINISHED!!!

Last edited:

blackbolt2003

Established Member
I do appreciate the artistic talent that goes into a project like this. However, it is not my cup of tea....kinda looks like a car tatoo?

BADD281

Because Race Car
Established Member
Reminds me of my buddies Lexus from a few years ago

IMG_6538acopy.jpg

Slightly Motivated

Stormtrooper
Established Member
Like stated before, i like the artwork but not on a car. I didnt know you used actual sharpies. The artwork looks good from far away but im not a fan of how sloppy it looks up close due to the use of sharpies. I feel like a vinyl would have been 100 times quicker, cheaper, and cleaner.

mike.b

Established Member
Im with everyone else, would never do it but respect the time and effort. As long as you like it, thats all that really matters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

95riosnake

Established Member
I wouldn't do it to my car personally, but I think that looks pretty cool and if you were looking to draw some attention in a crowd, you will definitely get it.

The world of custom cars would be pretty boring if people didn't do something different here and there, props for thinking outside of the box.

Will the sun fade the sharpie? I used to do a lot of drawing with sharpies as a kid (and still do) and I've noticed that drawings a couple years old were fading quite badly where the sharpie was used.

SOHC46

Super Poster!
Established Member
OP, It's different... And I think it looks absolutely awesome! Have you thought about going with black wheels to accent the artwork?

jacob517

GOT SHARPIE?
Established Member
Apparently every year they revamp sharpies to increase there UV rating. Im not sure how long it will last?

It was not too expensive... It was cheaper that doing hole other color two-tone.

I know it's not everyone's thing and that's OK with me.

I do get sick of seeing the same old mod's on mustangs tho, Ive owned 9 of them and every one of them has been outside the box.

That's a great looking bike!!!

I really like black wheels! BUT.. I think chrome looks great with white!

I believe over a dozen sharpie's were used!

Last edited:

zporta

KB INSIDE
Established Member
pretty wild, some good artwork.

i think it looked cleaner when just the roof and pillars as per your sig

Ibleedblue13

Established Member
I liked it better when it was only done on the pillars and roof, kind of overkill going with an entire "two-tone". Still badass though and you can't deny the creativity and talent it must've taken him to complete this. Very unique car man!

Users who are viewing this thread