It's dead in here...come on FORD

Kaneda

BANNED
Established Member
Get your fan base excited with something. This marketing / launch sucks so hard. WTF are they doing? Why can't they give the community stuff to chew on each week besides On D Bit saving his pennies to buy a Ford Focus while his Avatar is a Porsche.

noco5.0

Established Member
Saw one at the Denver Auto Show. They had that thing locked up tight, so other than looking at the outside couldn't see anything else. Same with the 2020 Explorer and the Lincoln Aviator. It was lame as hell.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
giphy.gif

Can he be banned yet, @SID297 ?

Last edited:

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Did you miss the videos? 4 seconds faster than the R on a 2.5 mile track...

Saving for Brooks Launch 6. 96 Focus is only in my dreams. Speaking of, I thought you were a car guy, by saying Porsche you share how inept you are. Keep driving that HP90 of yours.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Get your fan base excited with something. This marketing / launch sucks so hard. WTF are they doing? Why can't they give the community stuff to chew on each week besides On D Bit saving his pennies to buy a Ford Focus while his Avatar is a Porsche.

LMAO!

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Ford is doing an awful job of carrying any momentum here. There are plenty of outlets where they could release bits and pieces to keep this thing moving forward. Instead, the dribble out snippets and then clamp up. Makes you wonder how many people are actively working on any type of advertising/hype campaign, if any at all.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Ford is doing an awful job of carrying any momentum here. There are plenty of outlets where they could release bits and pieces to keep this thing moving forward. Instead, the dribble out snippets and then clamp up. Makes you wonder how many people are actively working on any type of advertising/hype campaign, if any at all.

I heard they cancelled the program all together, since FCA is doing so well; they didn't want to steal the spotlight.

DepWraith

Established Member
I've said it once and i'll say it again: Are you more concerned with a car that talks the talk, or walks the walk? That Demon has yet to live up to the Hype, so I wouldn't be so quick to pass judgement on Ford just yet.

Walk the walk? Only people that have been walking are Ford fans who have been waiting SIX YEARS for a GT500...

My94GT

Established Member
I've said it once and i'll say it again: Are you more concerned with a car that talks the talk, or walks the walk? That Demon has yet to live up to the Hype, so I wouldn't be so quick to pass judgement on Ford just yet.
That’s a difference of opinion, the demon for many of the owners lived up to the hype of being a very enjoyable car. Maybe it hasn’t hit the 9.65 or what ever the hero run was but I’ve yet to see anyone the owner one bat eyes about that.

The GT500 is likely going to be damn impressive but it really has been a bunch of crickets chirping as far as any excitement behind it. Ford obviously feels they need none of the marketing for it to sell well and they likely are correct but we’ll see.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member

Demon: First ever factory 9 sec muscle car (kind of lol). First ever muscle car w factory transbrake. First ever muscle car with factory killer chiller. First muscle car with tires made specifically for it. Highest horsepower muscle car EVER made. First ever drag strip-focused street-licensed, factory warranty muscle car; break it at the track--take it in for warranty work.

Lots of firsts with the Demon and the Marketing was absolutely top-shelf.

Sure, it's not lived up to some of what Dodge boasted about (cough 9.65@140 cough), but I'd own a Demon in a split second.

Bad ass muscle car that's for sure.

My94GT

Established Member
There is no denying, FCAs marking team is spot on these days. even if you don’t like their product you have to respect their attempt to bring hype back to the HP wars/muscle car scene again. At least more so then I’ve seen in years from any other manufacturer. It’s exciting to watch their ads and it’s infectious to their buyer base who many of which can’t afford the top tier rides but still rush out to be part of the family with the many affordable variations they offer.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
83A7A058-E129-49DF-9C13-B2962C2AD36B.jpeg
Demon: First ever factory 9 sec muscle car (kind of lol). First ever muscle car w factory transbrake. First ever muscle car with factory killer chiller. First muscle car with tires made specifically for it. Highest horsepower muscle car EVER made. First ever drag strip-focused street-licensed, factory warranty muscle car; break it at the track--take it in for warranty work.

Lots of firsts with the Demon and the Marketing was absolutely top-shelf.

Sure, it's not lived up to some of what Dodge boasted about (cough 9.65@140 cough), but I'd own a Demon in a split second.

Bad ass muscle car that's for sure.
Marketing where you have to have a perfect night and 1320ft of vht to come close?
Sounds like the shaved tires gm markiting times to me.

If they had done what they did with the acr running the demon across the nation on a variety of tracks showing real world times for an oem vehicle, that would have been outstanding! Of course that would have cost 10 times more without the “it” factor.

Laughing at everyone saying fords marketing sucks. Free marketing with paid testing on insta...see pic...and the fact that dealers will sell many at a $20k plus markup. That’s a 20% markup on msrp with no marketing. Puts kaneda out of a job...

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
View attachment 1563196
Marketing where you have to have a perfect night and 1320ft of vht to come close?
Sounds like the shaved tires gm markiting times to me.

If they had done what they did with the acr running the demon across the nation on a variety of tracks showing real world times for an oem vehicle, that would have been outstanding! Of course that would have cost 10 times more without the “it” factor.

Laughing at everyone saying fords marketing sucks. Free marketing with paid testing on insta...see pic...and the fact that dealers will sell many at a $20k plus markup. That’s a 20% markup on msrp with no marketing. Puts kaneda out of a job...

Dont disagree w any of that.

Other than that gt500 pic. Major ugly pale green. It's mother should be slapped.

Kaneda

BANNED
Established Member
Saw one at the Denver Auto Show. They had that thing locked up tight, so other than looking at the outside couldn't see anything else. Same with the 2020 Explorer and the Lincoln Aviator. It was lame as hell.

Potential customer here boys! Lock her up, because venom kills demons!

Demon hasn't lived up to the hype? It's beating McClaren 720s and Lambos at the strip and banging off high 9's at 136mph+ all day long. All for 86K. Ford is already backtracking and saying "Below 11" on a car that was suppose to KILL DEMONS. HAHHA.

Irregardless, this launch SUCKS. Just face it. Ford could care less about this car. If you think how a car is launched doesn't matter in the modern world of hype and prestige, you are dead wrong.

Kaneda

BANNED
Established Member
Did you miss the videos? 4 seconds faster than the R on a 2.5 mile track...

Saving for Brooks Launch 6. 96 Focus is only in my dreams. Speaking of, I thought you were a car guy, by saying Porsche you share how inept you are. Keep driving that HP90 of yours.

Are you going to change your Avatar photo to another car you don't own 4 seconds faster this time around? Let us know!!!

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Potential customer here boys! Lock her up, because venom kills demons!

Demon hasn't lived up to the hype? It's beating McClaren 720s and Lambos at the strip and banging off high 9's at 136mph+ all day long. All for 86K. Ford is already backtracking and saying "Below 11" on a car that was suppose to KILL DEMONS. HAHHA.

Irregardless, this launch SUCKS. Just face it. Ford could care less about this car. If you think how a car is launched doesn't matter in the modern world of hype and prestige, you are dead wrong.

Would you like to guess which of the following cars will have the shorter "average days on lot":

1.) Demon
2.) GT500

Let's make a wager.

Users who are viewing this thread