It's here, How-to for installation of Speedhut Gauges and SOS Pod with pics

forcefedcobra

Established Member
nice job. I'm installing a pair of these in a friends car today. he was wanting me to install the temp sensor in his intercooler reservoir but when I started looking everything over and your thread I noticed that the gauge he got was an egt gauge not a water temp. no way to install the probe into a plastic reservoir.

x275_eric

Established Member
can i do a digital boost gauge the same way as this install? anything diff between a digital and non digital?

X3FBrian

Established Member
I used 5 for power and 37 for illumination and got horrible battery drain from an innovate mtx-l. Would drop the battery to 9 volts in a few hours of being shut off. :shrug::shrug:

Last edited:

rcjewells

Established Member
You`re talking about the ones with the snap connector for dial lighting right?I mine were long enough to reach the fuse box,but it sounds like you`ll have to "T" splice them.Do you have the small snap connector for the dial lights?Might want to give Aaron a call at SH.

I just finished my install, and the needle will light up, but the backlight doesn't. I married the white wire after the inverter with the white wire for the needle, and then hooked them up to the add a fuse and plugged it into fuse #37. What is the snap connector used for and could it be stopping my backlight from illuminating?

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
I just finished my install, and the needle will light up, but the backlight doesn't. I married the white wire after the inverter with the white wire for the needle, and then hooked them up to the add a fuse and plugged it into fuse #37. What is the snap connector used for and could it be stopping my backlight from illuminating?

The snap connector is for the gauge back lighting, so you tie those wires together and hook it to fuse 37.
Speedhut1.jpg

TheSinner

Established Member
Just installed my SH oil pressure and boost gauges on my 99 cobra. Though the 03/04 vac lines are slightly different this still helped a lot. If any non termi guys need help feel free to pm me.

dpancer

Established Member
No its not a bad inverter. I actually had speed hut send me a new one. all connections are soldered and it even has its own dedicated ground. I ended up wrapping it up in the foam packaging the gauges came with then wrapped that with black electrical tape. It turned into a black soft inverter ball. Tie wrapped it under the dash. Buzzing completely inaudible!

Users who are viewing this thread