It's here, How-to for installation of Speedhut Gauges and SOS Pod with pics

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
I am waiting on my SOS pillar pod...on backorder :fm:

Question....I bought a triple dash pod from SOS which has the same pods as the a pillar. How the hell do you get the gauges to stay in the pods? The retainer nut obviously cannot be used.....

SOS tripe dash pod in an 03 link..Not my car......

http://www.mustangmods.com/ims/u/147/10366/206233.jpg
http://www.mustangmods.com/ims/u/147/10366/204571.jpg

That`s nice.
I just used a small peice of wire and taped it to the guage,long ways,not around the guage.Then it`ll kind of wedge in there,but not to tight that you can`t adjust the guage.

slitherin' 03

Banned
That`s nice.
I just used a small peice of wire and taped it to the guage,long ways,not around the guage.Then it`ll kind of wedge in there,but not to tight that you can`t adjust the guage.

right on....i was thinking of wrapping one pass of electrical tape around the threaded area of the gauge. But now that I think about it, it's prob a bad idea cause you know how slimy that stuff gets when it gets old in addition to the hellacious temps get inside the car....that stuff turns to gew. prob use ur method. Thanks man! :beer:

I cant wait to get these suckers in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh yeah....03cobra694....how did you mount your light to the SOS pod? I have the same light. Also, I just talked to Aaron at SH and he told me to mail back the light cause they have a new plastic cover to go over the LED. He will install free of charge. Those guys are great over there. Holy long post.

Last edited:

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Oh yeah....03cobra694....how did you mount your light to the SOS pod? I have the same light.

I used the Raptor Claw from SOS.
Your welcome for the help.This is what this site is all about.Thank Jomo,he actually did the write-up.I only gave feed back,cause I did this before he did.We had a riot w/pm`s and phone calls doing this.Cheers to Joe for this "How To":beer:

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
I used the Raptor Claw from SOS.
Your welcome for the help.This is what this site is all about.Thank Jomo,he actually did the write-up.I only gave feed back,cause I did this before he did.We had a riot w/pm`s and phone calls doing this.Cheers to Joe for this "How To":beer:

I think we had about 100 pms and about 15 phone calls...but we go her done...gotta love my coolant gauge...I don't go WOT until it's up to 185 degrees, and I get easier on her when she creeps up to about 210...It's amazing to see how hot these cars get when idling...my temps can drop about 20 degrees when cruising versus when stoped even with my fan settings turned adjusted in the tune...BTW, brad, when do our cars go into limp mode?

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
BTW, brad, when do our cars go into limp mode?

:shrug:
Changing the fan settings made a big difference,you can really tell w/the Speedhut guage vs. the stocker.No real way to see the temps rise w/the factory guage.
236* is what i just found.Not sure if it`s correct.

Last edited:

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
Sounds about right Brad...I know that Largreorangefont has answered this question before but I forgot ...

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
This came up in another thread about how acurate the SH guage is,so I took my x-cal3 to compare them.Damn close.BTW,my sending unit is in the block.
008-4.jpg

009-3.jpg

010-3.jpg

Last edited:

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
I've got a dashdaq2 in cabin monitor that plugs to the obd port. my sh fuel pressure guage mirrors the dashdaq fpsi readout, weather idling or driving. i think the speedhut gauge is spot on and I'm very pleased with the purchase. and thats not even counting how cool they look :thumbsup:

lxlawWFO

Terminator LOVER!!!
Established Member
Man to put that coolant sensor in, I bet you can have the sending unit ready, pull the plug, and hold it with you finger (cool of course), and put the new sending unit in and maybe spill a few drops. I have done it to several tranny temp sending units. Hell with draining everything. Very nice setup. I am really considering getting that. The boost, Wideband, and fuel pressure. I may get the coolant also. Run two on the pillar and two on the dash.

ATFPat

Established Member
SO i m taping into the boost line where the glove box is for the boost/vac gauge? Is it out to hook up to the line that connects to the back of the cluster?

svt2ner

Established Member
Does anyone ever feel like those pods are going to break off? Feels like after a matter of time between extreme heat it will break if you touch it wrong. Maybe just me but I like the gauge pod, but it seems like a flimsy setup to me.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
I have a question, I have an AEM wideband, could I wire the widebands red wire with the rest of the speedhut wires to give the wideband power?

I`d run it seperate.I`d think the w/b would draw a little more due to having to heat up the sensor.Make sure you run the grounds seperate too.

Users who are viewing this thread