It's just a GT...

superstang01

Established Member
UPDATE TIME!

Started the transmission swap this weekend, things went smoothly for the most part. All except the part where the VIN number of my car has an X in it in the 8th spot denoting that I have a windsor block aka an 8 bolt crank. However when I remove my factory flywheel come to find out the car really is a Romeo block with a 6 bolt crank.. So my brand new aluminum flywheel that I orded for an 8 bolt crank car wont work :fm: There's a lot of things that my car has/doesn't have being an 01 car that really have me scratching my head and I'll likely start another thread to see others experiences.

So currently I'm stuck waiting for my stock steel flywheel to get resurfaced and am just going to re-use that. Promotion Powertrain recomended a steel flywheel for cars under 500 to the tires anyways so I guess I can't really be to mad about it all. Now I just need to call the T45 source and hope I can return the 8 bolt flywheel.

Snapped a few pictures this weekend, nothing to exciting I'll likely have the trans back in the car by the middle of this week and will update more. For anyone contemplating a trans swap and thinking its tough, it is not at all. The hardest part was getting the top starter bolt and top two trans to block bolts. That took lots of patience, extensions and some bloody knuckles but the rest of it really is smooth sailing.

Cluth disk and Pressure Plate from Promotion Powertrain
clutch.jpg

First time the car has seen daylight since May of 2013.
outside.jpg

Up on jack stands in the garage, and I'm loving the custom plate I got!
jackedup.jpg

Out with the old in with the new. T45 Street Heat package from the T45 source complete with all the goodies and a 26 spline input shaft.
trans.jpg

And my painter sent me this picture over the weekend of getting my 03 cobra hood and GT bumper without the word "mustang" on it painted.
hoodandbumper.jpg

Car looks great! Love the detailed build thread! Makes me wish I took a little more time building mine!

BTW, shouldn't you have known if you had a Romeo or Windsor block already? You need to know this when you order the intake manifold from Tork Tech due to the different bolt patters on the Romeo/Windsor heads

Once again, beautiful work!

KLeech

2V FTW
Established Member
The intake manifold isn't different at all with how it bolts up with the two different blocks. Just the amount of valve cover bolts. I checked my vin and it is an X which denotes it had a Windsor never thought to count my valve cover bolts because who would've thought the actual vin number to the car would be wrong.

KLeech

2V FTW
Established Member
Forgot all about updating this thread actually! So in a quick run down since the spring trans install..

Went to Fathouse Fabrications on May 17th and the car got tuned by Bob Kurgan when he made his annual trip to Indiana this spring and it made 400/431.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?1015018-2001-Tork-Tech-GT-tuned-by-Bob-Kurgan&highlight=

Been enjoying being able to drive the car this year since I didn't get to at all last year, here's a thread of mine with some pictures of the cars setup this year!

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?1028518-2001-Mustang-GT-at-an-abandon-factory-(crappy-iphone-unfortunately)&highlight=

Took the car to the track about a month and a half ago or so and realized that the stock suspension was not going to cut it with the power level the car was at. Still managed to pull off a 12.1 @ 115 with a 1.78 short time wheel hopping out of the hole. Added some good tubular upper and lowers to the rear and plan to make it back to the track before the years up to get into the 11's hopefully!

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?1025110-New-PB!-2001-Mustang-GT&highlight=

Really no other updates with the car, installed some aeroforce scan gauges since then but other than that just been going to shows and driving it. Unfortunately the 50 freaking dollar Ford Racing throw out bearing that has like 4k miles on it is already starting to squeak so I'll likely be pulling the trans back out this winter to replace it. Would really like to put a bottom end together this winter, but we will see how the money situation goes. I'm sure I'll do something to it though, maybe another set of wheels or something! Haha!

And thank you again to anyone who has followed along all this time, and I truly appreciate all the good suggestions, comments, and compliments on the car!

Last edited:

KLeech

2V FTW
Established Member
Couple other fun pictures I have.

Me and a friends Fox.

photo-68.jpg

Having some fun at work.

photo-66.jpg

A shot with the summit warrior bigs and littles.

photo-63.jpg

The new gauge setup I went with.

photo-61.jpg

I'm not much of a sticker guy but I had a friend of mine make this one for me and I couldn't resist.

photo-62.jpg

TerminatedGT

Established Member
very Nice lol that's the saying I have used for years ( Just A GT ) love it

Just a GT built with mostly stock Ford parts, cold air, full exhaust, pulleys, lowered, tune just like every other Mustang
get's them every time

KLeech

2V FTW
Established Member
very Nice lol that's the saying I have used for years ( Just A GT ) love it

Just a GT built with mostly stock Ford parts, cold air, full exhaust, pulleys, lowered, tune just like every other Mustang
get's them every time

Haha exactly! Dude judging by your sig times your car moves out! Put some freaking tires on that thing!!!

Daywalker

Established Member
What an amazing build, I originally wanted to do an eaton swap but a deal on a Hellion kit showed up first. I really like your attention to detail, nice work!

Insaiyan

Established Member
I've been lurking this thread for a while and I just want to give you props for sticking with the 2v. You have an incredible piece of machinery there.

KLeech

2V FTW
Established Member
Thanks guys! I appreciate all the kind words! Posted these pictures up in pics and vid buffet but figured I'd at least post them in my own thread as well. So here is some pictures for your viewing pleasure. I've been very pleased with the car this year, put about 5k miles on it and it hasn't missed a beat.

I've got some plans for this winter, we will see if my bank account allows it to materialize because a built bottom end is hopefully in this cars future. Whether or not I can have it all done this year or not I'm not sure but forged internals, trickflow heads, MHS stage 3 blower cams, Kooks 1 3/4" heads with 3" collectors into a full 3" exhaust and ported blower with about 16psi running a full glenns fuel system on E-85 is the ultimate goal. I'll be staying 2v and hope to see the car make just shy of 600 to the tires. But we all know that list has $$$$$$ all over it LOL

photo-95.jpg

photo-96.jpg

photo-103.jpg

photo-99.jpg

photo-102.jpg

photo-100.jpg

photo-101.jpg

photo-113.jpg

photo-116.jpg

photo-111.jpg

photo-115.jpg

photo-119.jpg

photo-109.jpg

photo-112.jpg

photo-114.jpg

photo-117.jpg

photo-118.jpg

This Sunday the new 4" cowl hood goes on, so hopefully I can get some pictures of it posted up beginning of the week!

KLeech

2V FTW
Established Member
Here is a couple new shots with the 4" H.O. Fibertrends cowl hood that I put on a few weeks before the end of the year. Really love the way it looks on the car. Have some big plans for the winter, so stay tuned hopefully it will come out next year in about the 550ish rwhp range. For now it's winter storage time though!

photo-125.jpg

photo-123.jpg

photo-128.jpg

photo-129.jpg

photo-130.jpg

photo-127.jpg

photo-124.jpg

photo-126.jpg

photo-122.jpg

photo-121.jpg

Last edited:

GMundertaker

Established Member
How is it going man!?

You have one of the coolest GT's I've ever seen! Looks like all of your work is paying off!

Matt

Users who are viewing this thread