It's Official! 2020 GT500 Makes 760HP

1560939961252.jpg

DEARBORN, Mich., June 19, 2019 – Venomous strike: The all-new 2020 Mustang Shelby GT500 will produce 760 horsepower and 625 lb.-ft. of torque, making it the most powerful street-legal Ford ever – with the most power- and torque-dense supercharged production V8 engine in the world.

Enough said.

Last edited by a moderator:
No it doesn’t. It’s 2.3, which is because of it DR tires and drag set up. Incidentally is very close the to same time it takes the 16/18 CJ to cover 60 mph.
Put a slick on the z06 I bet it’s close to 2.3 as well.

What do you even drive bro? You aren't even getting a GT500, yet you post 500 times a day. My gucci shoes are faster to 60 than your car.

He’s never gone to any track. That’s why he’s already lost when running against my old 03 Mach 1.

You live in the past sucker. You have nothing. How about this. I'll run whatever you have against my Demon in reverse. Winner gets to be a man.

What do you even drive bro? You aren't even getting a GT500, yet you post 500 times a day. My gucci shoes are faster to 60 than your car.

I’ve mentioned a number of times what I drive....
As you post with no intention. Yet all you post is crap.

You live in the past sucker. You have nothing. How about this. I'll run whatever you have against my Demon in reverse. Winner gets to be a man.
Still waiting for your 1320 slip forward or reverse...

I’ve mentioned a number of times what I drive....
As you post with no intention. Yet all you post is crap.

Still waiting for your 1320 slip forward or reverse...

Remind us what you drive again? You're like the kind of guy that works in IT making $50,000 a year and is on the Lambo forums talking shit all day long. Just remind, what do you drive. And why is your avatar a Porsche?

While I understand sides on how the numbers dont add up with it competing with zr1 and demon yada yada. I find this post by a very very reputable person interesting on how close they were.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190621-220950_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190621-220950_Chrome.jpg
    156.4 KB · Views: 220
Torque is hp at 5252rpm because hp is torque at 5252rpm.

I’ll take 400hp and 300tq in pretty much any and all race comparisons over 400tq and 300hp.

It is always easier to use lower torque output at higher velocity than high torque output at low velocity to create expeditious speed. It is very easy to leverage gearing and optimize tq to great acceleration given rpm to wind up its delivery speed.

If you needed to launch a bolder onto the opposite castles wall so as to breach it, would you want to lob a 5lbs bolder at that wall at 1500mph or lobb a 1500lbs boulder at it at 5mph?

Torque is the weight of the bolder here, hp is the deliver speed.

If I’m going to have to pick between force and rpm, I’ll take rpm for sprinting and competitive racing and force for endurance working as in sustainable low rpm work.

Diesel engines last very long because the components arent stressed at high rpm, meanwhile a duramax with 860tq has a hard time accelerating like a gsxr-1000. A gsxr-1000 won’t tow very much since it only has 86tq or whatever but you better bring a worked up duramsx to keep up with its acceleration thanks to the leveraging of that 86tq

86tq spinning at 10,000rpm will
run circles around 10,000tq running at 86rpm

Torque is force. Hp is the spinning speed at which the force is applied.

The bigger and “heavier” the force or explosion going on in an engine, the more controlled force or torque it will have. You can move torque around with air and fuel delivery and combusting point and intensity.

The spinning speed of the crankshaft is much more impactful on how much propulsion (or resistance to slowing of that crank and connected drive system) a system will create than the weight of the rotating crank and internals at much lower speed

Last edited:
Show me a video of your Demon doing 2.1sec 0-60mph on the street and I'll send you $5K . I bet you will have hard time getting under 3.5

Just did 0-60 on the street in 2.1!

Here was how I did it:

No underpants
Thumb in butt
Music has to be Cotton Eye Joe
Punch it

2.1 everytime if I do these things.

Torque is hp at 5252rpm because hp is torque at 5252rpm.

I’ll take 400hp and 300tq in pretty much any and all race comparisons over 400tq and 300hp.

It is always easier to use lower torque output at higher velocity than high torque output at low velocity to create expeditious speed. It is very easy to leverage gearing and optimize tq to great acceleration given rpm to wind up its delivery speed.

If you needed to launch a bolder onto the opposite castles wall so as to breach it, would you want to lob a 5lbs bolder at that wall at 1500mph or lobb a 1500lbs boulder at it at 5mph?

Torque is the weight of the bolder here, hp is the deliver speed.

If I’m going to have to pick between force and rpm, I’ll take rpm for sprinting and competitive racing and force for endurance working as in sustainable low rpm work.

Diesel engines last very long because the components arent stressed at high rpm, meanwhile a duramax with 860tq has a hard time accelerating like a gsxr-1000. A gsxr-1000 won’t tow very much since it only has 86tq or whatever but you better bring a worked up duramsx to keep up with its acceleration thanks to the leveraging of that 86tq

86tq spinning at 10,000rpm will
run circles around 10,000tq running at 86rpm

Torque is force. Hp is the spinning speed at which the force is applied.

The bigger and “heavier” the force or explosion going on in an engine, the more controlled force or torque it will have. You can move torque around with air and fuel delivery and combusting point and intensity.

The spinning speed of the crankshaft is much more impactful on how much propulsion (or resistance to slowing of that crank and connected drive system) a system will create than the weight of the rotating crank and internals at much lower speed

Yo King Arthur with your medieval bolder metaphors, a Demon is a 1500 pound boulder going 1500 mph and the GT500 is pebble tossed by a girl. How’s that?

Basically same weight, down 80 horses and wait for it, wait for it, down 145 lb ft of torque! Demon 8-speed vs 7-speed. Both automatic so not much driver skill required from roll. Boys it’s going to be comical.

Yo King Arthur with your medieval bolder metaphors, a Demon is a 1500 pound boulder going 1500 mph and the GT500 is pebble tossed by a girl. How’s that?

Basically same weight, down 80 horses and wait for it, wait for it, down 145 lb ft of torque! Demon 8-speed vs 7-speed. Both automatic so not much driver skill required from roll. Boys it’s going to be comical.

Can you post a time slip for your fastest quarter mile pass or post any videos of your roll racing kills?

The proof will be in the pudding... new BMWs rated at 600hp are dynoing 600+ at the wheels.. 720S is nearly the same... Porsche’s and AMG cars usually dyno within 5% of the crank rating.
American cars on the other hand.. over 10% less.... IMO we are in the age of how a car performs is more important than its Hp/tq numbers.

Users who are viewing this thread