Its Official--Effective Retirment: 1 May 2014

SHLBYLVR

Established Member
Congrats on your pending retirement Chief. I've been retired 2 years and time does fly. I truly miss my military family. Like some have said, enjoy your time off. I miss Utah!!!!

Bullitt 3309

Established Member
Congrats, the blue card club is fun.... Like others have said, get started on the Resume now and it doesn't hurt to get a pro to convert your military service into civilian terms. Good Luck!
Retired MSgt USAF Civil Engineer

SVT4ME

Established Member
Did my twenty and got out. Best to send your resume 2 to 3 months before the date you want to start working. Hope the best for you and your family. But I don't see a Chief being able to turn off their internal drive to find a stressless job. But I would hope you can find another job as rewarding that you can grow to enjoy!

Nukem1040

Established Member
Congrats!! 30 years, not sure if you'll be able to shut the switch off, but I hope you can. I have 14 years in, can't imagine 30. My Beret off to you Chief!

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
I have 20 days left on Terminal Leave. I will tell you, you can look forward to your stress level going way down, at least for me thats how it is.

Planter

Banned
Got the notice today that my retirement was approved for 1 May next year.

This will be 30 years of active duty. With my terminal and permissive leave, my last day at work will be in January sometime.

My retirement ceremony will be in January or February.

I can't believe how fast time has passed. I will be 48 years old next month and have 30 years in one career down. Don't know what I will do with myself after I leave the military, its all I have ever known my adult life...enlisted at 17 years old. Guess I will find me some easy civilian job so I can concentrate on my hobby--mustangs. :rockon: :beer: With 75% of my base retirement pay as a Chief and VA Disability, I will be looking for a low stress job...won't need a lot of money.

Wow...it has just went so fast...

Marc, congratulations on your dedication and service to America. Thank you very much for serving and good luck to you in your post service endeavors. :beer:

csc

Established Member
Congrats for hanging in 30 years. I retired as a Navy Chief after 21 years in 2006.
I wasn't the most financially responsible person during my service so now I'm busting ass in the oilfield.
Just want to say congratulations, thank you, and build some bad-ass Mustangs. If you're ever in CCTX, lets have a beer or few.

Users who are viewing this thread