It's official: The new SVT Mustang will be called the 'GT350'

WolfPackST

Banned
Really was hoping this was not the case, but the name will be in fact GT350. I dont know why Sid297 doesnt jump on stories like this on his home page to make money.

"But now we get a look at the actual GT350 badging which will appear on the cars. The GT350 badge appears on this info sheet along with other badges you’ll see on other models, including the 5.0 badge which will appear on the GT model. Both the GT350 and 5.0 badge are designated with a “16098″ code, which is typically Ford’s code for fender emblems. Another thing to note is that the GT350 badge is written in the “Shelby” style font."

Info Sheet

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Now that the name issue is settled, time to get down to the " motor " !
With 707 & 650 already tossed out there by the " other " guys, SVT needs to step up their game..

SVTPete83

Established Member
Now that the name issue is settled, time to get down to the " motor " !
With 707 & 650 already tossed out there by the " other " guys, SVT needs to step up their game..
I don't think a gt350 will be a drag strip oriented car like the 500 was. My guess is close to 500hp, and a handler. After all, this will be fords first real high performance stang with an independent rear that was designed from the ground up.

01SVTSnake

Thud Thud Thud Thud Thud
Established Member
Would love to see a GT350 and GT350R (Like Boss and Leguna Seca) with 6 speed manual or a DCT as an option, 500-550HP, some weight reduction and maybe CC brakes an as option, although I think CCB still might be a long shot but the Z28 has them so ford might do them. Im speculating/thinking out loud with that.

Hope to see something for late 16-17 in the 700HP range. But I'll probably be at the dealer for a 350R

bpmurr

Established Member
Would love to see a GT350 and GT350R (Like Boss and Leguna Seca) with 6 speed manual or a DCT as an option, 500-550HP, some weight reduction and maybe CC brakes an as option, although I think CCB still might be a long shot but the Z28 has them so ford might do them. Im speculating/thinking out loud with that.

Hope to see something for late 16-17 in the 700HP range. But I'll probably be at the dealer for a 350R

I believe CC brakes will be an option.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Driveline and Axle section at Fordparts.com shows the two piece driveshaft (now with a Guibo joint) that'll be used on the '15. Aftermarket shaft makers won't have to lay anybody off after all. Hooray.:rollseyes

01SVTSnake

Thud Thud Thud Thud Thud
Established Member
I believe CC brakes will be an option.

It would be a good option for the road racers and all who live on the track. If I buy one I doubt I would track it enough to justify CCB, and im guessing it wont be a 1500$ upgrade either.

Driveline and Axle section at Fordparts.com shows the two piece driveshaft (now with a Guibo joint) that'll be used on the '15. Aftermarket shaft makers won't have to lay anybody off after all. Hooray.:rollseyes

I hope thats just for the GT. Hopefully the SVT/HiPo etc will get atleast a 1 piece shaft. They should use CF shafts again like the 13/14 500s

Last edited:

BSB318

Established Member

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
I hope thats just for the GT. Hopefully the SVT/HiPo etc will get atleast a 1 piece shaft. They should use CF shafts again like the 13/14 500s

I sure hope the '16 SVT has more mod friendly design considerations than what Ford has in place for '15.

_2015whycopy.jpg

I already miss the simplicity of the '14 and prior exhaust design. SVT, please, put a coupling between the driver side header and the cat - whatever engine configuration you end up releasing.

Previously I would have assumed that the '16 would have gotten a CF one piece. But after seeing some of the design philosophy on the '15 I'm not as confident.

01SVTSnake

Thud Thud Thud Thud Thud
Established Member
I sure hope the '16 SVT has more mod friendly design considerations than what Ford has in place for '15.

_2015whycopy.jpg

I already miss the simplicity of the '14 and prior exhaust design. SVT, please, put a coupling between the driver side header and the cat - whatever engine configuration you end up releasing.

Previously I would have assumed that the '16 would have gotten a CF one piece. But after seeing some of the design philosophy on the '15 I'm not as confident.

It won't take Stainless Works/Kooks/ARH long to get a product out on the market, but I did see the drivers side converter would be intergrated to the header which is disappointing and the right side only has the flex pipe at the first bend right beofer a cross over would normally be.

Im also guessing the huge resonator also acts a crossover. A picture on another website from the assembly line with the car lifted looking at the undercarriage shows no crossover before that monstrosity. So LT Headers with a standard crossover will probably shed a bit of weight too. That resonator/crossover has to weigh 10 - 15lbs right there. Granted this is all 5.0 stuff, like you said I hope SVT uses a more conventional exhaust setup that we have seen for the last 30+ years

Last edited:

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Forget emissions legal, aftermarket shorty headers. Attaching the cat directly to the manifold really, really sucks.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member

That's bad. Same shit that was underneath my GTO. Have a one piece DSS now.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Had to be an NVH concern (the Guibo joint) but I'm wondering if the shock loading is harder on the IRS center section than it was on the solid axle (as the solid axle had tubes running each way and gave it more leverage when "torqued" via the driveshaft).

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
Had to be an NVH concern (the Guibo joint) but I'm wondering if the shock loading is harder on the IRS center section than it was on the solid axle (as the solid axle had tubes running each way and gave it more leverage when "torqued" via the driveshaft).

that's a possibility. I have noticed more noise, clank when going into gear with the DSS U joints on both ends. The GTO shaft was a two piece with a center bearing and guibos on both ends. What a POS that was.

Users who are viewing this thread